+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting out legally

dillingerfour

Jul 4, 2008
Hey, well not quite sure what topic to post this in. But here is my situation. I got in to canada on a temporary worker visa, as part of an exchange program between sweden and canada that was valid for 1 year. However in the papers it also says that i have the choice of staying for 2 months as a tourist (until the 14'th of July) after that period if i let them know this when i first entered. Which i've realised that i didn't.

But i have now soon stayed for 2 months as a tourist still. And wonder wheter this will get me into trouble with getting back to canada? Or what situation is? As i really want to come back quite soon, or if i get out legally still or if there's any way to do that?

Rickard

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

dillingerfour said:
Hey, well not quite sure what topic to post this in. But here is my situation. I got in to canada on a temporary worker visa, as part of an exchange program between sweden and canada that was valid for 1 year. However in the papers it also says that i have the choice of staying for 2 months as a tourist (until the 14'th of July) after that period if i let them know this when i first entered. Which i've realised that i didn't.

But i have now soon stayed for 2 months as a tourist still. And wonder wheter this will get me into trouble with getting back to canada? Or what situation is? As i really want to come back quite soon, or if i get out legally still or if there's any way to do that?

Rickard
Not much you can do now, you could apply for reinstatement as a visitor if your work permit expired less than 90 days ago, costs $200, but if you intend to leave on the 14th, just leave.

PMM

dillingerfour

Jul 4, 2008
Well the thing is i really badly want to get back here soon, and don't know what i would do otherwise. And only reason i'd leave is the opportunity of perhaps being able to get out legally if i do. So i guess that's sorta what i wonder,will i get out legally? Or what to do otherwise, i'm out of money totally.

/Rickard

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Unless you are required to report to Canadian immigration when you leave, they don't know you haven't left . . . yet. If you leave now, you are in compliance again and the overstay will not affect you. Each time you apply to come to Canada, whether you are allowed to come or not will be at the discretion of the IO assessing your request. You need to be able to demonstrate that the intention of your stay is temporary, and that you have the means to return home at the end of your authorized stay. The longer you stay on, being out of status, the harder it will be for you to honestly convince an IO of your intent not to overstay in the future. If you seriously want to be able to come back to Canada easily in the future, I'd say get out now before you're found out. Not only did you not notify them that you were staying an additional two months, but now you've even overstayed that.