+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

getting medical certificate and police clearance for canada visa. need help!

karl10

Jul 26, 2012
Hi, I'm currently working here in hong kong as a helper. I'm just waiting for my LMO to arrive around august. My agency said that after that, they will now process for the request for me to have my medical and police clearance done. And by that time, it will be end of september. The problem is, my contract here in hong kong will expire by end of sept. Is it posibble that I just get my medical done in the philippines since I'll be going home around 1st wk of oct?

Ive called the hk police if I can get police clearance even after my contract is finished and they said I can get it as long as I have the request from the canadian consulate. So that is not a prob anymore.

But the medical? Can it be done in the philippines? Please, if someone know the answer, it would be a great help. Thank you. Need it badly.

doquer83

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-13-2012
hi are you going home to the Philippines for good or just a vacation? It was way back 2009 when i applied from HK so I am not so sure if I am giving the right advice.

I believe that you need to do your medical there in Hongkong. The address of the accredited clinics in HK will be in that form and you are going to show that to the clinic you choose to go to. One is in central and the other is in Tsi sha tsui (?)

karl10

Jul 26, 2012
I'm going home to the philippines to wait my visa there. Since my contract here in hk will expire end of sept and my employer will go home to UK for good.

Is there any chance that I can do my med in the phils?

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
karl10 said:
I'm going home to the philippines to wait my visa there. Since my contract here in hk will expire end of sept and my employer will go home to UK for good.

Is there any chance that I can do my med in the phils?
Hi,

If your contract ends on September & you still don't have MR (medical request) you just need to update your contact informations to VO. Send them your updated address & contact numbers where they can reach you to give you an update about your applications.

Yes, you can have your medical done in the Philippines, they will provide MR & they will give you instructions to go to DMP.

:)

karl10

Jul 26, 2012
Thank you! Helps a lot. By the way, what's VO and DMP? Sorry, don't know. :)
And how is it done? What will I say to my agent here in hk? Does it affect my application?

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
karl10 said:
Thank you! Helps a lot. By the way, what's VO and DMP? Sorry, don't know. :)
And how is it done? What will I say to my agent here in hk? Does it affect my application?
Hi,

VO - Visa Officer, DMP - Designated Medical Practitioner. You need to update your agent when will you leave & the contact infos where they can reach you so they can update you about your applications. If your agent process your applications to the embassy, they're the one who'll receive your MR & the agent will send it to you.

Good Luck :)

karl10

Jul 26, 2012
Thank you so much! :D you're an angel. Might as well contact my agent tom, and say that its possible. Do I have to tell my agent now to update my contact info? How many weeks will it take to process that?

doquer83

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-13-2012
you have your agency as your authorized representative right? i just hope you will be able to get your medical request form before you get home.that way you will just need to send back your passport for your visa.the only problem i can see is if they decide to call you for interview. wish you all the best anyway =)

karl10

Jul 26, 2012
I just ask my agency here in hk if I can do my medical in the phils, and she said that my medical must be done here since my application was filed in canadian consulate hk. Whoa, how will I explain this to her? :(

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
karl10 said:
I just ask my agency here in hk if I can do my medical in the phils, and she said that my medical must be done here since my application was filed in canadian consulate hk. Whoa, how will I explain this to her? :(
Hi,

You ask your agency if it's the agency's requirements to have a pre-medical test. I guess your agency require to have you one before you continue with your applications if you're physically fit.

Did you explain to them about your situation? This is how your application goes:
1. LMO approval
2. Applications preparation to send to your agent/embassy.
3. When the embassy receive your application from your agent, Embassy will send you/agent an AOR (acknowledgement of receipt) & MR as to where the embassy will advise you/agent to go to their DMP. This time if your in Philippines you should bring your MR from the embassy to a DMP.
4. If you pass the medical test you just wait for further instructions from embassy & wait for your visa approval.

May I ask what would be your work in Canada? :)

doquer83

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-13-2012
i am assuming that you are applying under LCP. since the agency adviced you against it, why don't you look for other alternatives (finding a new employer maybe)? it is better to be sure than to be sorry for i am sure that if you are not a direct hire, you must have paid lots in order to find an mployer in canada. :)

karl10

Jul 26, 2012
I'm going to be under live in caregiver program. Yeah, I've explained to my agent my situation from the very begining. Does it state in the MR the DMP where to go by continent? I mean, like by asia, all the countries in asia that offers medical is listed. Or just the place where my appli is filed, which in my case just hk? Who will I contact here in hk to change mi contact info, the canadian consulate hk visa officer?

Finding a new employer in hk was in my plan before, but since it will take time again to find a new one and the processing time of acquiring an hk visa will take 2-3months, it will just be a waste of money and time, since I've already spent lots in my appli in canada and by the time my hk visa is approved so is my canadian visa(hopefully, praying for it)

doquer83

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-13-2012
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=hong%20kong
case specific enquiry
hkong-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
general enquiry

you can try those links. wish u luck!

karl10

Jul 26, 2012
Question: if I've notify the canadian consulate hk about my change of address and done my med in the phils, will my appli be process now in the phils or still in hk where it was first and originally filed? Tnx.