+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting HRSDC approval for film industry job? URGENT

LeeseePieces

Feb 7, 2011
Martinsburg, West Virginia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I'm an American who was on a six month work permit in Vancouver from BUNAC. During this time, I worked as an film extra for a background agency. During this time, I was 'upgraded' from an extra to an actor on a feature film and received my first film credit for this. Now that I am part of the union, I am an 'apprentice' (that is, someone with less than 3 film credits) and will be paid twice more than what I was earning as a non-union extra.

However, I applied and failed to get an extension on my permit and had to to return to the States since I could not work. My agents are anxious to have me back because I have a good relationship with them and would be bringing them in a lot of money if allowed to work legally. I am trying to figure out how to get back up to Canada and am considering applying for another temporary work permit, but need HRSDC confirmation of the job offer first.

I was wondering that since I received the upgrade (and not a Canadian), if this satisfies the 'no other Canadian can fill this job offer' rule for HRSDC confirmation, since it is nearly impossible to be upgraded and I am part of a union as a result.