Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Hi,

I thought I start this thead for those who successfully got their own business setup so that those newbies like me could learn where/how to start

I'd like to get language tutoring/services business in Ontario and maybe in Quebec, so where to start? Can i get funds from the gov't if i'm on Temp Work? How do I get a business plan done? Any ideas guys!!!!!!!!!!!

thks for sharing.

ScottK

May 4, 2011
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi.

The first thing I would do is research the market. You need to determine if there is demand for the language services you provide. You also need to find out who your competitors are and how difficult it will be to enter the industry.

In order to sell to the Government, I think you would have to be registered as a supplier. The Government's procurement website explains how to do this. Go to:

buyandsell.gc.ca

As far as a business plan goes, you could write it yourself using a template or one of the business planning software packages that are available. There are a number of firms (mine included) that will write your business plan for you.

I think the first step is to do some research to understand the business you are looking to get into and to see if there is enough demand so that you can be profitable.

Scott

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Thks Scott,

your re^ply came at the perfect time! Is there any template to follow to do business plan and what be the next step after that's all set? I know there's a huge need and also know it's not a constant like summer tends to have peak moments... April being the biggest one and of course September/December. Besides, I can even tutor online potential Quebec applicants to feed my bank acct in those times.
thks

ScottK

May 4, 2011
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you Google "Abonar free tools" and click on the first link, you'll be taken to a page where you can download a business plan template in Word format. It's a general template so you will have to adapt it to your particular situation.

The first step after completing the business plan would be to obtain financing (if needed). If you need to apply for bank financing, it could take a while to get approved and funded so it is good to get started early. You will also have to get the necessary licenses and registrations for running your business. The rest of the steps are dependant on what your business plan calls for. Basically, you would use the business plan to guide yourself through the process.

Scott

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

check my post for business

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-landing-experience-and-observations-t41271.120.html

hmisabpk

May 13, 2011
Hi ae03yy,

I work at a company called The Business Exchange. It's is a magazine that connects buyers and sellers of established businesses for sale, franchises for sale and business opportunities. We do have a free business buyers guide on our website as well, and if you're interested in buying or selling your business we have the best listings in ON & BC. Often we do webinars and seminars at our Business Expos to train, inform, educate and answer any questions people have as well. Contact us if you have any further questions, and best of luck on your search.

Hope this helps!

Puneet
Social Media Marketing Coordinator
The Business Exchange
Tel:416-657-4111
Twitter: @businessexchang