+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get out canada

Nov 5, 2022
Hi iam looking to get out from canada for good. Do i need a visa for it ? I have post graduation work permit and I am just worried because i havnt got any updates for my visa application

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi iam looking to get out from canada for good. Do i need a visa for it ? I have post graduation work permit and I am just worried because i havnt got any updates for my visa application
If you just want to leave Canada then leave. No visa need to leave the country and not return.

Reactions: YVR123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You need to advise CRA that you are becoming a non-resident and should also contact your Provincial health authority (health card office) to inform them you’re leaving the country. Likely can contact both by email. You will need to settle accounts with things like your cell phone provider, close bank accounts, etc. If you are part of a lease you have to look at the terms of your lease whether you can give 1 or 2 months notice or do you have a one year lease that isn’t finished? If you have a 1 year lease and want to leave early you can ask your landlord if you can sublet.