+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Genesis & Development request

YULpj

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Hello everyone looking for some assistance please.

I received a request to provide a detailed account of the genesis & development of my relationship with my husband (Sponsor in Canada). I'm not sure what they want? Do I have to write a letter or do they want pictures of us or our WhatsApp chats?

I sent over 8 pages of WhatsApp chats & pictures of our relationship when I applied so not sure what else I can send in?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

I received a request to provide a detailed account of the genesis & development of my relationship with my husband (Sponsor in Canada). I'm not sure what they want? Do I have to write a letter or do they want pictures of us or our WhatsApp chats?

I sent over 8 pages of WhatsApp chats & pictures of our relationship when I applied so not sure what else I can send in?
They want a letter / write up of the history of your relationship (e.g. chronology of key events, etc.). Did you send a write up as part of your original application?

YULpj

Star Member
May 14, 2019
They want a letter / write up of the history of your relationship (e.g. chronology of key events, etc.). Did you send a write up as part of your original application?
Thanks for your reply :)

I did not send one I just wrote what they asked (brief explanation) in the box in the initial application of how we met

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your reply :)

I did not send one I just wrote what they asked (brief explanation) in the box in the initial application of how we met
You need to do a write up with more details. What you provided has insufficent details for IRCC.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ok got it should I include pics or just a detailed letter of my relationship?
You can certainly provide pictures. But IMO, the write up is the important part.

YULpj

Star Member
May 14, 2019
You can certainly provide pictures. But IMO, the write up is the important part.
Hi I have another question about the write-up, does it matter who wrires it?

For example I am currently visiting my partner in his country and we are writting the letter together. His English is not 100% yet I am writing it in English for him is that acceptable or should he write it in his native language and have it translated ?

YULpj

Star Member
May 14, 2019
I would say it matters little who writes it. IRCC does not seem to be suggesting any particular authorship is required. They want the story of the relationship. It's a story of two people, closely connected. Which of the two actually puts pen to paper should not matter. Moreover, IRCC will know that, even if they ask, specifically, that it be be written by you or by your husband, that won't take them very far. They have no control at all. It would be easy for either of you to write it, while attributing authorship to the other. If the story is genuine, it should be apparent in either case.
Thank you for your reply! I just wanted to double check before sending it in.

emillioe53

Nov 21, 2023

As for the recommendation find more, incorporating a well-designed website can enhance the professionalism and credibility of your application. A reliable WordPress development company like LimeUp could assist you in creating a polished online portfolio to present your evidence effectively.
Hi there! It sounds like you're navigating a complex immigration process. Providing a detailed account of your relationship with your husband (the Sponsor in Canada) can indeed be a bit perplexing, especially when the requirements seem vague.