+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

General Test October 9 2010

Kiwijaynz

Oct 5, 2010
Hi everyone,
I have just returned from my exam today.

The writing topics were -
Task 1: write a letter to a the editor of a paper about a historical building near you that is bad bad condition.
, why is the building important, what is the condition of the building and what needs to done.

Task 2: Write about noise pollution - why there is noise pollution and what can be done about noise pollution.

My speaking topics were - general introduction about yourself, tell me your favourite colors, tell me if you collect things, tell me about long distance travel, tell me advantages/disadvantages of long distance travel.

I found the listening and reading ok, my one mistake during listening was that I got worried about one answer and missed listening to the next answer so make sure you stay focus to each question.

Thanks Jay

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
florals said:
The above topics were for GT or academic?
ofcourse GT...check the subject line "General Test October 9 2010"

mr_rana

Dec 28, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
NVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with App. (Excluding PCC)
AOR Received.
1st:-04.2010, 2nd:- 04.2011
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
06.2011 (RBVO), 04.2012 (In Process)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24.01.2013
LANDED..........
I also appeared in this test.

I'd say my listening and reading went quite well but written and speaking which I took easy going since I started making preparations
weren't up to my expectations.

I guess it was my over confidence and some times, simple things become more tough to handle.

Written:
Task 1 consumed extra time that I wasn't left with time to make a sound plan on Task 2.
Task 2 asked that shopping nowadays has become an entertainment ...explain it, why it is so and positive and negative sides of its development.

Speaking:
I feel I may talk for long on any market or corporate issue, but during the speaking test, I was asked to talk on a toy I liked most and why?
It was too simple to send a 36 yrs old person into tizzy to talk about the toy that he was so fond of.

Anyways, I hope it'd still fetch me the score that I am looking for.
Lets share the result once its announced.