+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Geico and esurance claims and insurance experience letter

ExpressoEntry

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Hello,

I recently moved to Canada from USA and imported my car. In order to register my car here in Canada i need insurance and in order to get insurance I need experience letters and claims history letter from us insurance companies. I am currently with esurance and I was with Geico from about 10 years before that.

I was able to get the experience letter from esurance and claims history letter for my name from Geico, but I am trying to get the experience letter from Geico and claims history letter from esurance and I have been calling customer care everyday but they are both giving me the run around. Its been over a week and I am still yet to get the letters I need to register my car.

did anyone here have Similar experience getting letters from Geico or esurance? Is this normal ?

thank you for your replies.

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
I did a chat with Geico online, told them my policy number, that I needed a letter of experience for getting Canadian car insurance and they had it to me within 15 minutes. Have never used esurance so can't comment on the but the other insurance company I needed a letter from got it to me in 2 business days max. My husband was in the US for seven years before returning to Canada and he also got letters of experience within 1-2 business days from two car insurance companies. Btw if you haven't yet, expect that the insurance company in Canada might want your full driver's history from whatever state you were last in. That was the thing that was a pain for us to get.

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
Hello,

I recently moved to Canada from USA and imported my car. In order to register my car here in Canada i need insurance and in order to get insurance I need experience letters and claims history letter from us insurance companies. I am currently with esurance and I was with Geico from about 10 years before that.

I was able to get the experience letter from esurance and claims history letter for my name from Geico, but I am trying to get the experience letter from Geico and claims history letter from esurance and I have been calling customer care everyday but they are both giving me the run around. Its been over a week and I am still yet to get the letters I need to register my car.

did anyone here have Similar experience getting letters from Geico or esurance? Is this normal ?

thank you for your replies.
Oh and did the insurance company say the claims history and letter of experience are two different things? Our letters of experience included our claim history in the letter of experience. It basically said " MJSParv was insured by our company from X to Y. List of claims below: no claims filed during the coverage period. If you need any further information please contact us at X."