+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCC residents, why does it seems like VO automatically rejects applications for non citizens?

Cjey7

Mar 4, 2021
I applied for a study visa online from Qatar, completed biometrics in Qatar. Despite having a strong case, My application was refused. There is a strong believe among gcc residents that VO hardly ever accepts application for non citizens based on ties to home country.

Question 1. Now that I got a refusal and have returned back to home country KE, will my reapplication be still processed in Gcc because biometrics were done there?

Question 2. On my reapplication, can I specifically chose where my reapplication can be processed?

Question 3. In case i reapply, and I'm not sure whether which VO is processing my application, does changing my address on webform now make them transfer my case from gcc to home country?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied for a study visa online from Qatar, completed biometrics in Qatar. Despite having a strong case, My application was refused. There is a strong believe among gcc residents that VO hardly ever accepts application for non citizens based on ties to home country.

Question 1. Now that I got a refusal and have returned back to home country KE, will my reapplication be still processed in Gcc because biometrics were done there?

Question 2. On my reapplication, can I specifically chose where my reapplication can be processed?

Question 3. In case i reapply, and I'm not sure whether which VO is processing my application, does changing my address on webform now make them transfer my case from gcc to home country?
Not sure why you are posting under Health.

What were reasons for refusal? What is your profile - age, program, education, current career. Are you trying to immigrate?

1. No. It is processed from KE.
2. You chose where you are living, so no.
3. No, it is processed from your current country of residence. So if living in KE, you show ties to that country - family, job, career, business, investments etc. You need to show that you will return to KE after your studies.

Reactions: Cjey7