+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

gap of 2 years as a teacher

Mohammed2345

Oct 30, 2020
hello, i completed my AS A levels in june of 2017 and from jan 2018 I started working at a institute as a physics teacher for olevels and pre olevels. I didn't complete my A2 as i was paid well so i didn't bother(a very stupid decision indeed) After the pandemic hit things got difficult for me as my institute lost a lot of students and my salary was reduced to less than half. Reality struck. I am a computer nerd so i have decided to do an advanced diploma course for CET in seneca college so i can get a better job in my country as the competition is tough. Will the visa office accept my work as a gap filler? i haven't sat for IELTS yet. I'm aiming to score a minimum of 8, if i can achieve this will i get visa?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hello, i completed my AS A levels in june of 2017 and from jan 2018 I started working at a institute as a physics teacher for olevels and pre olevels. I didn't complete my A2 as i was paid well so i didn't bother(a very stupid decision indeed) After the pandemic hit things got difficult for me as my institute lost a lot of students and my salary was reduced to less than half. Reality struck. I am a computer nerd so i have decided to do an advanced diploma course for CET in seneca college so i can get a better job in my country as the competition is tough. Will the visa office accept my work as a gap filler? i haven't sat for IELTS yet. I'm aiming to score a minimum of 8, if i can achieve this will i get visa?
The 2 years isn't a big deal. Impossible to say if you will get a study permit.

Reactions: Mohammed2345