+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Future plan spouse sponsor

Tarantino

Jan 17, 2013
Hello, Everyone.

I'm being sponsored by my wife, should we both include a letter each on our future plan: about what I will do to find and seek work? or go study and better myself, seek new skills trades to find work once I arrive in Canada.

I think it would be a good idea anyone done the same? my wife has a great job already in Canada and we are renting a place, but once I come over I want to work and buy a house as soon as we can.

Tarantino.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
you can choose... your wife has to provide a plan on how she will support you once you become a PR. If you want to add something about your own plan, or if you feel that your wife's income is not stable enough, you can provide information on your own skills that would make you employable in Canada. If your wife already has a good income, then it's up to you. It's not necessary, but nothing prevents you from doing so.
Good luck,
Sweden

Spoken05

Star Member
Jan 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-03-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-09-2013
Sweden said:
you can choose... your wife has to provide a plan on how she will support you once you become a PR. If you want to add something about your own plan, or if you feel that your wife's income is not stable enough, you can provide information on your own skills that would make you employable in Canada. If your wife already has a good income, then it's up to you. It's not necessary, but nothing prevents you from doing so.
Good luck,
Sweden
Can you please tell me where in the application does it state that I must include a plan to support my husband? I live in Canada and I am sponsoring my husband from the US but I don't see anywhere where I have to include a plan to support him when he gets here.

We're almost done with our application so I just want to make sure that we have everything :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
CIC will look at your eligibility ( criminal background etc), and they want to know that you won't go on welfare. So that's why they ask for your Option C, pay stubs etc... if you're in Canada, most likely you are already established, with a house, a job etc, so that's easy to prove.
For people that are living outside of Canada, they most of the time don't have a situation as established, so they need to explain their plan to CIC - where they will live when they arrive, what type of job they will have, and how they plan to support their family so they won't go on welfare - that's what is referred to as a "plan".
Hope it clarifies for you - good luck on your application,
Sweden

Tarantino

Jan 17, 2013
The plan is just something you can or don't have to do
I think I'll do a future plan letter ..doesn't hurt to tell them what you gonna do when you get to Canada

My wife earns $75k net / plus works for the gov ..

All this PR stuff ages a person feel so drained.

Spoken05

Star Member
Jan 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-03-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-09-2013
Sweden said:
CIC will look at your eligibility ( criminal background etc), and they want to know that you won't go on welfare. So that's why they ask for your Option C, pay stubs etc... if you're in Canada, most likely you are already established, with a house, a job etc, so that's easy to prove.
For people that are living outside of Canada, they most of the time don't have a situation as established, so they need to explain their plan to CIC - where they will live when they arrive, what type of job they will have, and how they plan to support their family so they won't go on welfare - that's what is referred to as a "plan".
Hope it clarifies for you - good luck on your application,
Sweden
Whew!

Thanks for the clarification!