+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Funds required for Canadian study permit

abhi14191

Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
Hi everyone

I am an Indian student taking admission in Canada.
My tuition fee and living expense in total comes out to be $25,000 that is Rs.11,25,000 for one year.

Now my family saving in bank account is Rs.15,00,000 and my maternal uncle is ready to sponsor me who also has Rs.15,00,000 in his account.

Are both these figures enough to get me a Canadian student visa??

Please post your comments as soon as possible.

Thank you all.

waziri

Jul 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yap dear its enough fr ur canada visa dont worry just go ahead ...........and if u will submit ur fee in advance fr one year that will be plus point fr u

abhi14191

Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
Thank you so much for your prompt reply.

Just tell me one more thing, somewhere on a post I read that it is better if the sponsor is a paternal uncle (with the same last name).
And moreover the sponsor should have a lot more than the tuition and living expense in his account because why would he drain his limited savings for his nephew??

My uncle is maternal and has just Rs. 15,00,000 in his account.

Are you sure i will face no problem?

Thank you

waziri

Jul 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear its better that if the money is all in ur own account and it must be more than ur fee and expenses atleast one year so u wil be
more successfull and u can get ur visa easily try ur best to make ur own account its matters a lot.

abhi14191

Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
waziri said:
dear its better that if the money is all in ur own account and it must be more than ur fee and expenses atleast one year so u wil be
more successfull and u can get ur visa easily try ur best to make ur own account its matters a lot.
Yeah you are right on that.
Tell me one more thing how much time does the embassy take to approve our visa? And will TOEFL do?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abhi14191 said:
Yeah you are right on that.
Tell me one more thing how much time does the embassy take to approve our visa? And will TOEFL do?
Hi,

Mininum - 18 working days (excluding Saturday and Sunday)

Maximum - Sky is the limit !

TOEFL - I am NOT sure but it should work if you have 90+ in TOEFL.

Cheers.

abhi14191

Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
enfield said:
Hi,

Mininum - 18 working days (excluding Saturday and Sunday)

Maximum - Sky is the limit !

TOEFL - I am NOT sure but it should work if you have 90+ in TOEFL.

Cheers.

Hey
I must say that was a really cool reply.
I have 89 in TOEFL will i get it?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abhi14191 said:
Hey
I must say that was a really cool reply.
I have 89 in TOEFL will i get it?
Hi,

well, I repeat that I am not sure if TOEFL meets CHC requirement (but I feel its ok to use TOEFL !) however, it meets school requirements and you can use it instead of IELTS.

I would suggest you to either a drop an email to CHC (sometime they do reply, but don't expect any prompt reply !) or make an inquiry with VFS.

Cheers.

abhi14191

Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
enfield said:
Hi,

well, I repeat that I am not sure if TOEFL meets CHC requirement (but I feel its ok to use TOEFL !) however, it meets school requirements and you can use it instead of IELTS.

I would suggest you to either a drop an email to CHC (sometime they do reply, but don't expect any prompt reply !) or make an inquiry with VFS.

Cheers.
Thanks buddy
God bless you

antriksh

Oct 2, 2014
Re: Funds required for Canadian study permit please help

hi friends ,
I need some help regarding my further studies . I belonged from India . I have done B-Tech in ECE (electronics and telecommunications) with 59% in 2012 . Moreover matriculation and +2 with 55% in 2008 . but i am not interested in my field and i decided to go for a 1 year post graduate diploma in film making and direction techniques. i belonged to a middle class family and i have some confusions about the funds :

1 how much funds i required for gic ?

2 how much money i reqired for 1 year study ?

3 can i get 1 year visa for job search ?