Visa Office......
Winnipeg
AOR Received.
14-01-2019
Med's Done....
21-02-2019
Hi friends,

I wish you all good.

I currently have a 2 years diploma in Ontario and got my PGWP and a full-time job last year. As the new change recently announced, I plan to go back to college as a part-time student and get a 3-year diploma while keeping full-time working.

My question is: Does my full-time work experience count for points under Express Entry?

I have asked the college about their definition of Part-time study. They say the student taking less than 4 course a semester would be considered as a part-time student.

I already sent my application for study permit, but I am still confused about this question, so I haven't decided whether I should go to the college.

Any reply would be much appreciated.

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
HuhuEric said:
Hi friends,

I wish you all good.

I currently have a 2 years diploma in Ontario and got my PGWP and a full-time job last year. As the new change recently announced, I plan to go back to college as a part-time student and get a 3-year diploma while keeping full-time working.

My question is: Does my full-time work experience count for points under Express Entry?

I have asked the college about their definition of Part-time study. They say the student taking less than 4 course a semester would be considered as a part-time student.

I already sent my application for study permit, but I am still confused about this question, so I haven't decided whether I should go to the college.

Simply Yes!

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014
HuhuEric said:
Hi friends,

I wish you all good.

AFAIK one cant hold both study and work permit at the same time.
If you apply for a study permit while holding a PGWP, your PGWP will be null and void.

For further clarification you might want to wait for senior's response or call/email CIC.

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
all_iz_well said:
AFAIK one cant hold both study and work permit at the same time.
If you apply for a study permit while holding a PGWP, your PGWP will be null and void.

For further clarification you might want to wait for senior's response or call/email CIC.
Half of your answer is correct. You can apply for both, and your PGWP status will not change, you can still work and study at the same time.

Thanks.

HuhuEric

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
AOR Received.
14-01-2019
Med's Done....
21-02-2019
Thank you guys. I made 2 calls to CIC last week and the agent told me that both permits could valid until expiration.

If my full time work experience can count for points that would be perfect! Thank you for your help!