+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Full-time work contract

Significant_bag

Nov 14, 2019
Hi everyone!

I have a question about a full-time work contract.

So I have applied for Canadian experience express-entry using my 1560 hour work experience (part time hours, 28hrs/week) and I would like to improve my PR application score through a full-time work contract.

I did my MSc here in Canada and I have been working at my former institute as a part-time researcher in my field since the graduation (with my post-grad work permit). It's been a little over a year since I worked as a researcher and since my current boss is not interested in giving a full-time 1 year contract due to his unpredictable financial situation, I am thinking of looking for a job elsewhere.

A friend of mine suggested that I work for him in his media company but it's a very different field that the one I got my Canadian MSc in. It's more relevant to the diploma (not listed in my PR application form) that I received when I was much younger and I am thinking of taking that job. He is willing to provide me with a 1 year full time contract.

So my question is -- if I take this job, would my PR application score improve? if so, by how much?

Thanks in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone!

I have a question about a full-time work contract.

So I have applied for Canadian experience express-entry using my 1560 hour work experience (part time hours, 28hrs/week) and I would like to improve my PR application score through a full-time work contract.

I did my MSc here in Canada and I have been working at my former institute as a part-time researcher in my field since the graduation (with my post-grad work permit). It's been a little over a year since I worked as a researcher and since my current boss is not interested in giving a full-time 1 year contract due to his unpredictable financial situation, I am thinking of looking for a job elsewhere.

A friend of mine suggested that I work for him in his media company but it's a very different field that the one I got my Canadian MSc in. It's more relevant to the diploma (not listed in my PR application form) that I received when I was much younger and I am thinking of taking that job. He is willing to provide me with a 1 year full time contract.

So my question is -- if I take this job, would my PR application score improve? if so, by how much?

Thanks in advance.
Zero points, as it is not a valid job offer without an LMIA.

Reactions: Significant_bag

Significant_bag

Nov 14, 2019
Zero points, as it is not a valid job offer without an LMIA.
Hi! Thanks for your reply.

So do you think I should look for a job with an LMIA? What are the other LMIA exempt options? I see that one option is asking my boss for a full time 1 year contract... Are there any other options that I might not be aware of?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi! Thanks for your reply.

So do you think I should look for a job with an LMIA? What are the other LMIA exempt options? I see that one option is asking my boss for a full time 1 year contract... Are there any other options that I might not be aware of?
If you are looking to imporve your score and get 50 points for having a job offer, you need to find a job that is supported by an approved LMIA. Any LMIA exempt options will not help you.