+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

From Marketing to HR in 1 year ?

Choupi

Jul 3, 2022
Hiiiii guys

I am currently working in Marketing for 5 years now.
I am wondering if a 1 Year program in Human Resources, could help me get a job in HR ?
Is a 1 year program enough? in my home country it is impossible to do that.... But i was wondering if it's the same in Canada? or not ?

Thank you so much for your responses

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hiiiii guys

I am currently working in Marketing for 5 years now.
I am wondering if a 1 Year program in Human Resources, could help me get a job in HR ?
Is a 1 year program enough? in my home country it is impossible to do that.... But i was wondering if it's the same in Canada? or not ?

Thank you so much for your responses
Are you in Canada now? For a study permit you show how taking a one year program will give you a higher salary/promotion in your home country to justify the costs. You show career and education advancement for HR when you return. You don’t have Canadian HR experience so not sure what your expecations are. Will you get a job in HR in Canada on PGWP? Maybe but depends on your resume and you are interviewing against people with Canadians/PRs and those with degrees etc. A one year program is not enough.

Choupi

Jul 3, 2022
Are you in Canada now? For a study permit you show how taking a one year program will give you a higher salary/promotion in your home country to justify the costs. You show career and education advancement for HR when you return. You don’t have Canadian HR experience so not sure what your expecations are. Will you get a job in HR in Canada on PGWP? Maybe but depends on your resume and you are interviewing against people with Canadians/PRs and those with degrees etc. A one year program is not enough.
I'm waiting for my PR ....