+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

French speaking skilled worker and first language

mehrshin

May 2, 2019
Hi all
I have a question regarding express entry profile and it's connection with six selection factors points.
I'm now in the pool and I'm planning to have my TEF soon in order to get nomination from Ontario under french speaking skilled worker program.
First, is it necessary to set the primary language on french for this program?
Second, in my case if I change it to french (in case I get clb7 in french), then I'll lose points in selection factors (because I have CLB9 in English) and my points will fall under 67.
I want to know if change in profile leads to decrease in points of selection factors and makes you ineligible to stay in pool or not?
Or after entering the pool there is no connection back to selection factors point?
Thanks

DanBhanu69

Dec 19, 2018
Hi all
I have a question regarding express entry profile and it's connection with six selection factors points.
I'm now in the pool and I'm planning to have my TEF soon in order to get nomination from Ontario under french speaking skilled worker program.
First, is it necessary to set the primary language on french for this program?
Second, in my case if I change it to french (in case I get clb7 in french), then I'll lose points in selection factors (because I have CLB9 in English) and my points will fall under 67.
I want to know if change in profile leads to decrease in points of selection factors and makes you ineligible to stay in pool or not?
Or after entering the pool there is no connection back to selection factors point?
Thanks
Hi,
1. Yes, to attract Ontario's attention, you do have to set French as primary.
2. Unfortunately, the FSW selection factor points do matter. In fact, Ontario will check that you score ≥67; if not, you may not get nominated.
Also, I believe you may be ineligible for FSW if you don't make up to 67 pts.

I think your best option is to do better than CLB7 in the TEF tests: 8, 9 and above could give you a few extra points.
Good luck!

Reactions: mehrshin

mehrshin

May 2, 2019
Hi,
1. Yes, to attract Ontario's attention, you do have to set French as primary.
2. Unfortunately, the FSW selection factor points do matter. In fact, Ontario will check that you score ≥67; if not, you may not get nominated.
Also, I believe you may be ineligible for FSW if you don't make up to 67 pts.

I think your best option is to do better than CLB7 in the TEF tests: 8, 9 and above could give you a few extra points.
Good luck!
Thank you so much for your reply.
So It's better for me not to change the primary language and work on improving TEF results.

Last edited:

DanBhanu69

Dec 19, 2018
Thank you so much for your reply.
So It's better for me not to change the primary language and work on improving TEF results.
Well, for Ontario, you'd need to make French primary.
But, if you do well enough in TEF, you may 67 factor points. Try calculate it, so you know what to aim for...

Bonne chance