TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
Hi,

Is it necessary to do a French language test when applying for Skilled Worker visa? Not that French would be an issue, but just wondering? I'd like to cut down the overall cost of my Visa application. I already have IELTS & ECA btw.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TLOU said:
Hi,

Is it necessary to do a French language test when applying for Skilled Worker visa? Not that French would be an issue, but just wondering? I'd like to cut down the overall cost of my Visa application. I already have IELTS & ECA btw.
If you wish to get points for French, you need to take TEF/TEFAQ. Points aren't awarded for less than B2.

mapsora

Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TLOU said:
Hi,

You need b2 TO get CSQ quickly otherwise you have to waait years by yearssss like me even if you have lots of point.

Jan 1, 2015
Hello all,

I am totally new to Quebec immigration process, and thinking to start with QEC, i have few questions, please try to answer if possible (big thanks in advance :) )

1. I have got to know about the french exams like TEF, and many more, so which exam is good?
2. There are 3 modules in TEF, (1 is mandatory and 2 are optional) which module should we take to get the points in french for immigration purpose?
3. Is TEF's score valid for only 1 year?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Ramandeep

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramandeep2008singh said:
Hello all,

I am totally new to Quebec immigration process, and thinking to start with QEC, i have few questions, please try to answer if possible (big thanks in advance :) )

1. I have got to know about the french exams like TEF, and many more, so which exam is good?
2. There are 3 modules in TEF, (1 is mandatory and 2 are optional) which module should we take to get the points in french for immigration purpose?
3. Is TEF's score valid for only 1 year?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Ramandeep
Comprehensive & detailed information & instructions here:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/requirements-programs/language-knowledge.html

(What is QEC?)

ajanarth

Sep 11, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
IELTS Request
8-04-2016
Med's Done....
8-04-2016
Passport Req..
23-11-2016
I think QEC he meant PEQ.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramandeep2008singh said:
QEC i meant Quebec Experience Class.
correct me if i am wrong.
Not a problem :).

Usually known as/referred to even in English, as PEQ.