+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Free Healthcare for Refugees

theone1

Dec 19, 2023
Hello everyone, I'd like to shine a spotlight on an amazing organization that has been a lifeline for me as an immigrant in Toronto – Women's College Hospital. Specifically, they operate the Crossroads Clinic, Toronto's sole hospital-based clinic dedicated to aiding refugees during their first months in Canada. The support I've received from them has been indispensable. If you're interested in learning more, you can find additional information by searching for Women's College Hospital Foundation.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello everyone, I'd like to shine a spotlight on an amazing organization that has been a lifeline for me as an immigrant in Toronto – Women's College Hospital. Specifically, they operate the Crossroads Clinic, Toronto's sole hospital-based clinic dedicated to aiding refugees during their first months in Canada. The support I've received from them has been indispensable. If you're interested in learning more, you can find additional information by searching for Women's College Hospital Foundation.
It’s not free . It’s paid by the taxpayers of the City of Toronto

Reactions: Buletruck

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don’t sugar coat things . It’s not free . It’s paid by the taxpayers and donors. Just like all the services given by the city to individuals who choose to come to this city .
Not at all flexible for those that are truly in need?
the Crossroads Clinic, Toronto's sole hospital-based clinic dedicated to aiding refugees during their first months in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sure. But to people in need, it matters that they do not need to pay cash they do not have.
It is is a finite resource that people need to understand comes with a cost even if they will not be billed personally for the visit. See many people also use the ER because it is “free” but there is a cost behind it and also if other people use a healthcare resource inappropriately then others in need won’t have access or delayed access. This is why so many object to healthcare being described as free. A better description would be that clinic is available for those in medical need without documents or OHIP through a public/private partnership.

Reactions: Ponga