+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FRAUD MARRIAGE

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
I'm victim of fraud marriage, I got married in 2017 (arranged marriage), girl was from India and was literate. while i was in Canada, matrimonial ad was given into newspaper by my family, girl's family made contact with my family, later they all setup their meeting to discuss the matter further. Family background investigations were done. Her family contacted me where I started talking to the girl and her family over the phone. In three months I went back-home for marriage, date was fixed, got married, no dowry etc. was involved. everyone was happy. Life was going smooth until her mother started asking me to register the marriage with local Indian authorities and go back to Canada so that I should start her spousal sponsorship application. I discussed their this behaviour to my family and according to them it was normal and i was just overthinking as we all know people are always suspicious in terms of getting married to a NRI and every side has bit concerns when we make new relatives. Also, we can't sometime read people's mind that what else is going on in back of their heads. After 3-4 months of my marriage i returned back to Canada, continued my job and filed her spousal sponsorship application. While the application was in process and waiting for approval, her family started asking me never ending questions related to her application and started giving me examples of other people whether known to them or they were just making up at that time, that why it's taking that long to hear from immigration whereas other applicants getting approvals quickly...they were bit smart but somehow annoying me by comparing her case with other's. Everytime I gave them a reasonable answer to their queries they were n't getting it as they were listening and had trust on other's more. So after a month or two, sponsorship got approved and I file the PR application of my so called wife. Now again waiting game started but again they started to disturb me again and again by asking the same questions about the file (Why, Why not, How come, Others blah blah) and I always explain them in the same manner. I told this to my family as well that seems like my wife side has trust issues. Even they talked to them as well but still they were concerned about her case. From the time I met them, before and after marriage, until she got PR; I was the star of their eyes and she and her family never made me to realize about their intentions. It was my illusion which I realized later. Since there was wait time for processing the file, her family became impatient and forced me and my family to apply her visitor's visa while waiting for PR case. As it was risky step to apply for visitor's visa while PR case was still in progress, I told it's worth to wait for PR than TRV but she and her family didn't understand this and they also had a huge interference of their relatives too. At that time I was thinking that how these people shows no concerns about me but were more concerned about my so called fraud wife's case. After all this, I applied her TRV which got refused and they made a lot hue and cry over it. My family was fully aware of their behaviour and told me to remain quiet and let it go, as relationship was still new and they still might have trust issues just like any other person. At the end of 2019, she got all her landing papers and arrived to Canada. Everyone was happy including me. COVID time started. People lost jobs, world stopped, restrictions imposed. Luckily my job got least affected of all this. Even though I was working during COVID times, I took time out to show her around, long drives, taught her so much, about Canadian system, banks, different jobs here, how to apply, how to prepare for interviews etc etc. Our personal life was going smooth too, first 6 months after her arrival they went smooth and i was confident she can integrate into the canadian system but I was wrong. I set her up with new bank account and we had joint bank account too. I put my money into the joint account. As I was working, I told her that in order to keep herself busy she should find a suitable job (work from home during covid) for her. Even part-time job would work for her. All the resources were available to her, but she wasn't interested at all in doing any efforts. She had few interviews for easy jobs but didn't want to do any of them. As it was my responsibility to support her, my work paid me well, so I was able to support her without any issues even though she didn't work. Another 6 months pass out, she didn't do any job at all but instead she was keeping herself busy all times on the phone (surely, long conversations with her family, aunts, cousins etc etc.) who I was sure never gave her any good advices. I realized that in-front of me she was different but on my back she was different (I realized this from her face expressions when all sudden I came back from my work and entered into my place). There was lots going on in my absence which I could only feel but was totally unaware of that. One time she asked me if there was still 2 year relationship rule, I was bit shocked and asked why she was asking, she said one of her friend asked her (Even though that rule was ended back in 2017). She always showed me her love so as I did, she kept promising me that she would never leave me as she wasn't like other girls. We always had good laughs and conversations. All sudden she started arguing me over stupid things which lead to involve my family and her family too. So It was the time when it was one month over when She completed her 2 years with me in Canada as PR while being in relationship, I was at my work and the time I returned back, she was disappeared. I felt shaky and this gave me goose-bumps, so many things were going on in my mind, At one point my brain stopped working as I couldn't figure out what to do. I was thinking if any robbery happened in my absence as my personal stuff was all over the floor, there was mess all over the place, I immediately tried to contact her but she didn't answer, I contacted her family back-home and other relatives in Canada but nobody answered. I finally called to my family and made them aware and they all were shocked. Even they tried to contact her family but nobody picked up. I randomly checked my bank account and shocked to see that my money was gone, i called to bank and they told me that money was taken out by my fraud wife. I lost 15K. After this i realized that she ran away from my place. Then I went back to the memories and started linking up the conversations we had and her family's actual motive behind her PR case that why they were eager for it. I told to my family that we got defrauded by her and her family. This all was well organized and coordinated. She knew my routine, all banking information, her family and she waited for me to leave for work, called someone their known over to my place who helped her with all her stuff. their this planning was going from long time as for sure this wasn't just happened overnight. My family suggested me to inform the police, so I called RCMP about her missing. Later police told me that they contacted her and she wants to get divorce from me and she didn't accuse me for anything like threats, domestic violence etc..I felt bit easy after knowing this as I was aware that people can put innocents in trouble by giving false statements to the Police and they closed the case. Next day I checked my bags, my personal gold jewellery was missing, she went through my stuff and documents took the marriage certificate with her, but she couldn't find her PR card anywhere as she totally forgot that I was making some photo copies of it as i need to renew my passport but card was left on the glass bed of the printer. Later when my family went personally to talk to her's family, where her family accepted that they did all this and also said that I didn't give her PR card as she didn't find it anywhere, WTF!!! I reported to the RCMP about my stolen valuable stuff but they said it's family matter and has to be resolved through family lawyer and they can't do anything. They nicely and very smartly planned all this and used me a pawn to easily enter to Canada by the means of this marriage. One side they cheated on me and my family, on the other side they are harassing me and my family by filing false complaint in India (i.e. asking dowry, mental stress to her etc etc..)... They are talking non-sense and distracting others from the fact that they actually did fraud with us but instead of this spreading lies about me and my family to prove themselves and their fraud wife innocent. All evidences and statements were given by my family to the police against their false and fabricated claims. At this time, I'm thinking about my options that how to proceed with all this. I also called to the Border Watch Line and they told me to send everything in writing etc. where as IRCC don't deal with such cases as I contacted with one of the IRCC agent and she directed me back to the Border watch Line. This brought me a lot of emotional stress and affecting my day to day routine and activities. Any advice would be appreciable. Thanks.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm victim of fraud marriage, I got married in 2017 (arranged marriage), girl was from India and was literate. while i was in Canada, matrimonial ad was given into newspaper by my family, girl's family made contact with my family, later they all setup their meeting to discuss the matter further. Family background investigations were done. Her family contacted me where I started talking to the girl and her family over the phone. In three months I went back-home for marriage, date was fixed, got married, no dowry etc. was involved. everyone was happy. Life was going smooth until her mother started asking me to register the marriage with local Indian authorities and go back to Canada so that I should start her spousal sponsorship application. I discussed their this behaviour to my family and according to them it was normal and i was just overthinking as we all know people are always suspicious in terms of getting married to a NRI and every side has bit concerns when we make new relatives. Also, we can't sometime read people's mind that what else is going on in back of their heads. After 3-4 months of my marriage i returned back to Canada, continued my job and filed her spousal sponsorship application. While the application was in process and waiting for approval, her family started asking me never ending questions related to her application and started giving me examples of other people whether known to them or they were just making up at that time, that why it's taking that long to hear from immigration whereas other applicants getting approvals quickly...they were bit smart but somehow annoying me by comparing her case with other's. Everytime I gave them a reasonable answer to their queries they were n't getting it as they were listening and had trust on other's more. So after a month or two, sponsorship got approved and I file the PR application of my so called wife. Now again waiting game started but again they started to disturb me again and again by asking the same questions about the file (Why, Why not, How come, Others blah blah) and I always explain them in the same manner. I told this to my family as well that seems like my wife side has trust issues. Even they talked to them as well but still they were concerned about her case. From the time I met them, before and after marriage, until she got PR; I was the star of their eyes and she and her family never made realized their intentions. It was my illusion which I realized later. Since there was wait time for processing the file, her family became impatient and forced me and my family to apply her visitor's visa while waiting for PR case. As it was risky step to apply for visitor's visa while PR case was still in progress, I told it's worth to wait for PR than TRV but she and her family didn't understand this and they also had a huge interference of their relatives too. At that time I was thinking that how these people shows no concerns about me but more concerned about my so called fraud wife's case. After all this, I applied her TRV which got refused and they made a lot hue and cry over it. My family was fully aware of their behaviour and told me to let it go, as relationship was still new and they still might have trust issues just like any other person. At the end of 2019, she got all her landing papers and arrived to Canada. Everyone was happy including me. COVID time started. People lost jobs, world stopped, restrictions imposed. Luckily my job got least affected of all this. Even though I was working during COVID times, I took time out to show her around, long drives, taught her so much, about Canadian system, banks, different jobs here, how to apply, how to prepare interviews etc etc. Our personal life was going smooth too, first 6 months after her arrival they went smooth and i was confident she can integrate into the canadian system but I was wrong. I set her up new bank account and we had joint bank account too. I put my money inside the joint account. As I was working, so I told her that in order to keep herself busy she should find a suitable job (work from home) for her. Even part-time would work for her. All the resources were available to her, but she wasn't interested in doing any efforts. She had few interviews for easy jobs but didn't want to do any. As it was my responsibility to support her, my work paid me well, so I was able to support her without any issues even though she didn't work. Another 6 moths pass out, she didn't do any job at all but instead she was keeping herself busy all time on the phone (surely, long conversations with her family, aunts, cousins etc etc.) who I was sure never gave her any good advices. I realized infront of me she was different but on my back she was different. There was lot going on. One time she asked me if there was still 2 year relationship rule, I was bit shocked and asked why she was asking, she said one of her friend asked her (Even though that rule was ended back in 2017). She always showed me her love so as I did, she kept promising me that she would never leave me as she wasn't like other girls. We always had good laughs and conversations. All sudden she started arguing me over stupid things which lead to involve my family and her family too. So It was the time when it was one month over when She completed her 2 years with me in Canada as PR while in relationship, I was at my work and the time I returned back, she was disappeared. This gave me goose-bumps, so many things were going on in my mind, At one point my brain stopped working and I couldn't figure out what to do. I was thinking if any robbery happened in my absence as my personal stuff was all over the floor, there was mess all over the place, I immediately tried to contact her but she didn't answer, I contacted her family back-home and other relatives in Canada but nobody answered. I finally called to my family and made them aware and they all were shocked. Even their tried to contact her family but nobody picked up. I randomly checked my bank account and shocked to see that my money was gone, i called to bank and they told me that money was taken out by my fraud wife. I lost 15K. Then i realized that she ran away from my place. Then I went back to the memories and started linking up the conversations we had and her family's motive behind her sponsorship that why they were eager for it. I told to my family that we got defrauded by her and her family. This all was well organized and coordinated. She knew my routine, all banking information, her family and she waited for me to leave for work, called someone their known over to my place who helped her with all her stuff. My family suggested me to inform the police, so I called RCMP about her missing. Later police told me that they contacted her and she wants to get divorce from me and she didn't accuse me for anything like threats,domestic violence etc.. and they closed the case. next day I checked my bags, my personal gold jewellery was missing, she went through my stuff and documents took the marriage certificate with her, but she couldn't find her PR card anywhere as she totally forgot that I was making some photo copies of it as i need to renew my passport but card was let on the glass bed of printer. Later when my family went personally to talk to her's family, they said that I didn't gave her PR card, WTF!!! I reported to the RCMp about my stolen valuable stuff but they said it's family matter and has to be resolved through family layer and they can't do anything. WTF!! They nicely and very smartly planned all this and used me a pawn to easily enter to Canada through the means of this marriage. One side they cheated on me and my family, on the other side they are harassing me and my family by filing complaint in India (asking dowry, mental stress to her etc etc..)... They are talking non-sense and distracting others from the point that they did fraud with us but instead of this spreading lies about me and my family. All evidences and statements were given my my family to the police against their false and fabricated claims. At this time, I'm thinking about my options that how to proceed with all this. I also called to the Border Watch Line and they told me to send everything in writing etc. where as IRCC don't deal with such cases as I contacted with one of the IRCC agent and she directed me back to the Border watch Line. Any advice would be appreciable. Thanks.
This isn't an immigration matter. If your wife lived with you for 2 years after becoming a PR, there's really nothing you can do from an immigration standpoint. IRCC will simply view this as a relationship that went wrong. She will be able to keep her PR status. CBSA (border watch line) won't do anything about this either. At this point no authority is going to view this as an immigration matter or immigration fraud. It's been far too long.

If you want to try to do something about the $15K loan and jewellery, then you need to hire a family lawyer to assist you (you'll need a family lawyer for the divorce anyway). This is why you received this advice from the RCMP. That's the right way to go.

Good luck.

Reactions: sher_singh

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
This isn't an immigration matter. If your wife lived with you for 2 years after becoming a PR, there's really nothing you can do from an immigration standpoint. IRCC will simply view this as a relationship that went wrong. She will be able to keep her PR status. CBSA (border watch line) won't do anything about this either. At this point no authority is going to view this as an immigration matter or immigration fraud. It's been far too long.

If you want to try to do something about the $15K loan and jewellery, then you need to hire a family lawyer to assist you (you'll need a family lawyer for the divorce anyway). This is why you received this advice from the RCMP. That's the right way to go.

Good luck.
Thanks Scylla for your valuable input..That's why I haven't reported yet even after 2 months pass. But they screwed me over by doing this, and used me and played well with my and my family's emotions. They waited for the right time and made safe ground for her so that this look real for others i.e. the relationship didn't work so she left which was untrue. But instead of this, their real intention was to obtain PR through me. I know there are many cases like mine and people are in hope to get justice for it and such bad elements should be kicked out so that other's learn from it and think many times to ruin and play with somebody's life.

Jazzed

Star Member
Jan 15, 2022
Thanks Scylla for your valuable input..That's why I haven't reported yet even after 2 months pass. But they screwed me over by doing this, and used me and played well with my and my family's emotions. They waited for the right time and made safe ground for her so that this look real for others i.e. the relationship didn't work so she left which was untrue. But instead of this, their real intention was to obtain PR through me. I know there are many cases like mine and people are in hope to get justice for it and such bad elements should be kicked out so that other's learn from it and think many times to ruin and play with somebody's life.

If she indeed entered the marriage in bad faith you have no way to prove it. From the point of view of the law two people who didn't know each other well had an arrange marriage, tried for 2 years and it didn't work out. It happens and the story isn't unique. Your wife isn't going anywhere and it sounds like in a year or less she may be entitled to file for citizenship

And from your story it sounds as though she never worked so without a good lawyer you could be on the hook for spousal support for a very long time. Canada has a no fault divorce law and by your own admission you have a good job so the courts may find you have the ability to pay.

She has made her intentions clear so Lawyer up or you stand to lose a lot more from this.

dpinsent

Oct 24, 2016
Qatar
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
10 Mar 2021
Nomination.....
12 Jul 2021
AOR Received.
29 Aug 2021
I'm victim of fraud marriage, I got married in 2017 (arranged marriage), girl was from India and was literate. while i was in Canada, matrimonial ad was given into newspaper by my family, girl's family made contact with my family, later they all setup their meeting to discuss the matter further. Family background investigations were done. Her family contacted me where I started talking to the girl and her family over the phone. In three months I went back-home for marriage, date was fixed, got married, no dowry etc. was involved. everyone was happy. Life was going smooth until her mother started asking me to register the marriage with local Indian authorities and go back to Canada so that I should start her spousal sponsorship application. I discussed their this behaviour to my family and according to them it was normal and i was just overthinking as we all know people are always suspicious in terms of getting married to a NRI and every side has bit concerns when we make new relatives. Also, we can't sometime read people's mind that what else is going on in back of their heads. After 3-4 months of my marriage i returned back to Canada, continued my job and filed her spousal sponsorship application. While the application was in process and waiting for approval, her family started asking me never ending questions related to her application and started giving me examples of other people whether known to them or they were just making up at that time, that why it's taking that long to hear from immigration whereas other applicants getting approvals quickly...they were bit smart but somehow annoying me by comparing her case with other's. Everytime I gave them a reasonable answer to their queries they were n't getting it as they were listening and had trust on other's more. So after a month or two, sponsorship got approved and I file the PR application of my so called wife. Now again waiting game started but again they started to disturb me again and again by asking the same questions about the file (Why, Why not, How come, Others blah blah) and I always explain them in the same manner. I told this to my family as well that seems like my wife side has trust issues. Even they talked to them as well but still they were concerned about her case. From the time I met them, before and after marriage, until she got PR; I was the star of their eyes and she and her family never made me to realize about their intentions. It was my illusion which I realized later. Since there was wait time for processing the file, her family became impatient and forced me and my family to apply her visitor's visa while waiting for PR case. As it was risky step to apply for visitor's visa while PR case was still in progress, I told it's worth to wait for PR than TRV but she and her family didn't understand this and they also had a huge interference of their relatives too. At that time I was thinking that how these people shows no concerns about me but were more concerned about my so called fraud wife's case. After all this, I applied her TRV which got refused and they made a lot hue and cry over it. My family was fully aware of their behaviour and told me to remain quiet and let it go, as relationship was still new and they still might have trust issues just like any other person. At the end of 2019, she got all her landing papers and arrived to Canada. Everyone was happy including me. COVID time started. People lost jobs, world stopped, restrictions imposed. Luckily my job got least affected of all this. Even though I was working during COVID times, I took time out to show her around, long drives, taught her so much, about Canadian system, banks, different jobs here, how to apply, how to prepare for interviews etc etc. Our personal life was going smooth too, first 6 months after her arrival they went smooth and i was confident she can integrate into the canadian system but I was wrong. I set her up with new bank account and we had joint bank account too. I put my money into the joint account. As I was working, I told her that in order to keep herself busy she should find a suitable job (work from home during covid) for her. Even part-time job would work for her. All the resources were available to her, but she wasn't interested at all in doing any efforts. She had few interviews for easy jobs but didn't want to do any of them. As it was my responsibility to support her, my work paid me well, so I was able to support her without any issues even though she didn't work. Another 6 months pass out, she didn't do any job at all but instead she was keeping herself busy all times on the phone (surely, long conversations with her family, aunts, cousins etc etc.) who I was sure never gave her any good advices. I realized that in-front of me she was different but on my back she was different (I realized this from her face expressions when all sudden I came back from my work and entered into my place). There was lots going on. One time she asked me if there was still 2 year relationship rule, I was bit shocked and asked why she was asking, she said one of her friend asked her (Even though that rule was ended back in 2017). She always showed me her love so as I did, she kept promising me that she would never leave me as she wasn't like other girls. We always had good laughs and conversations. All sudden she started arguing me over stupid things which lead to involve my family and her family too. So It was the time when it was one month over when She completed her 2 years with me in Canada as PR while being in relationship, I was at my work and the time I returned back, she was disappeared. This gave me goose-bumps, so many things were going on in my mind, At one point my brain stopped working as I couldn't figure out what to do. I was thinking if any robbery happened in my absence as my personal stuff was all over the floor, there was mess all over the place, I immediately tried to contact her but she didn't answer, I contacted her family back-home and other relatives in Canada but nobody answered. I finally called to my family and made them aware and they all were shocked. Even they tried to contact her family but nobody picked up. I randomly checked my bank account and shocked to see that my money was gone, i called to bank and they told me that money was taken out by my fraud wife. I lost 15K. After this i realized that she ran away from my place. Then I went back to the memories and started linking up the conversations we had and her family's actual motive behind her PR case that why they were eager for it. I told to my family that we got defrauded by her and her family. This all was well organized and coordinated. She knew my routine, all banking information, her family and she waited for me to leave for work, called someone their known over to my place who helped her with all her stuff. My family suggested me to inform the police, so I called RCMP about her missing. Later police told me that they contacted her and she wants to get divorce from me and she didn't accuse me for anything like threats, domestic violence etc..I felt bit easy after knowing this as I was aware that people can put innocents in trouble by giving false statements to the Police and they closed the case. Next day I checked my bags, my personal gold jewellery was missing, she went through my stuff and documents took the marriage certificate with her, but she couldn't find her PR card anywhere as she totally forgot that I was making some photo copies of it as i need to renew my passport but card was left on the glass bed of the printer. Later when my family went personally to talk to her's family, they said that I didn't gave her PR card, WTF!!! I reported to the RCMP about my stolen valuable stuff but they said it's family matter and has to be resolved through family layer and they can't do anything. WTF!! They nicely and very smartly planned all this and used me a pawn to easily enter to Canada through the means of this marriage. One side they cheated on me and my family, on the other side they are harassing me and my family by filing false complaint in India (i.e. asking dowry, mental stress to her etc etc..)... They are talking non-sense and distracting others from the point that they did fraud with us but instead of this spreading lies about me and my family. All evidences and statements were given my my family to the police against their false and fabricated claims. At this time, I'm thinking about my options that how to proceed with all this. I also called to the Border Watch Line and they told me to send everything in writing etc. where as IRCC don't deal with such cases as I contacted with one of the IRCC agent and she directed me back to the Border watch Line. Any advice would be appreciable. Thanks.
This is indeed a very sad situation from what you describe of the relationship. As @Jazzed has suggested, lawyer up quickly. Document everything and try and gather as much information. And it sounds like you're dealing with people who know how to work the system so you need to be extra vigilant.

If there are others that have befallen similar circumstances, perhaps you can get an understanding of what your options are on how to move forward or cut your losses with this experience. Don't give up, I hope more of you will stand together, report and find some way with the authorities to stop all these fraudulent activities. Good luck

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm very sorry for your situation.

There is really no way you can kick her out of Canada. You need to assume that she will be able to keep PR. Even if you report her to CBSA, they aren't going to take action. If she had left you a month after getting PR, that would be a different matter. However she stayed with you for two years. So there's really no case to be made here by CBSA for marriage fraud. They aren't going to pursue this. I know this isn't what you want to hear and I'm sure it's disappointing. But that's the reality and you should focus your effort on where it matters / where a difference can be made.

Your best course of action is to hire a family lawyer as soon as possible to support you through the separation and divorce process and to help you protect your assets in Canada as much as possible. Focus your efforts there.

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
If she indeed entered the marriage in bad faith you have no way to prove it. From the point of view of the law two people who didn't know each other well had an arrange marriage, tried for 2 years and it didn't work out. It happens and the story isn't unique. Your wife isn't going anywhere and it sounds like in a year or less she may be entitled to file for citizenship

And from your story it sounds as though she never worked so without a good lawyer you could be on the hook for spousal support for a very long time. Canada has a no fault divorce law and by your own admission you have a good job so the courts may find you have the ability to pay.

She has made her intentions clear so Lawyer up or you stand to lose a lot more from this.
Thanks Jazzed for your input, I'll also look up into that.

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
This is indeed a very sad situation from what you describe of the relationship. As @Jazzed has suggested, lawyer up quickly. Document everything and try and gather as much information. And it sounds like you're dealing with people who know how to work the system so you need to be extra vigilant.

If there are others that have befallen similar circumstances, perhaps you can get an understanding of what your options are on how to move forward or cut your losses with this experience. Don't give up, I hope more of you will stand together, report and find some way with the authorities to stop all these fraudulent activities. Good luck
Thanks dpinsent. I would say now that such people are next level, I have heard only in quotes but now experienced them lately with what has happened to me. I'm sure now they will be in try to find someone else to do fraud with and spoil his life. Hope Karma hit such people back sooner than later.

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
I'm very sorry for your situation.

There is really no way you can kick her out of Canada. You need to assume that she will be able to keep PR. Even if you report her to CBSA, they aren't going to take action. If she had left you a month after getting PR, that would be a different matter. However she stayed with you for two years. So there's really no case to be made here by CBSA for marriage fraud. They aren't going to pursue this. I know this isn't what you want to hear and I'm sure it's disappointing. But that's the reality and you should focus your effort on where it matters / where a difference can be made.

Your best course of action is to hire a family lawyer as soon as possible to support you through the separation and divorce process and to help you protect your assets in Canada as much as possible. Focus your efforts there.

Thanks scylla. I'm type of person who can't think bad about people but I have (ofcourse we all) no respect and mercy for such smart people who knows how to play well with the system and take advantage of it. Hope if we can read minds of people then everyone get caught red handed here. Hope karma gets them and they learn their lesson from it. Thanks for your positive thoughts.

Jules105

Star Member
Jan 14, 2022
Thanks dpinsent. I would say now that such people are next level, I have heard only in quotes but now experienced them lately with what has happened to me. I'm sure now they will be in try to find someone else to do fraud with and spoil his life. Hope Karma hit such people back sooner than later.
Really sorry to hear your story. Because of such rotten and spineless individuals genuine immigrants have a hard time in their immigration journey. Where is the dignity, stooping to such low levels it's disgusting. Pls be strong and thankful you don't have a fraudster and an emotionally empty person as your life partner and yes hopefully her payback comes sooner. Meanwhile focus on cutting your losses and try following the helpful advice given especially the legal aspects. I really hope you are able to overcome this and meet a genuine partner soon such as you deserve. Don't allow this to scar you anymore. Take care!

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Thanks scylla. I'm type of person who can't think bad about people but I have (ofcourse we all) no respect and mercy for such smart people who knows how to play well with the system and take advantage of it. Hope if we can read minds of people then everyone get caught red handed here. Hope karma gets them and they learn their lesson from it. Thanks for your positive thoughts.
Hi - it sounds like a very rough journey for you and for simple, practical purposes you have to start a journal to document your efforts, the responses and anything material to you trying to be fair within the relationship. It isn't easy, but in the event of more contentious interactions with your in-laws or spouse you will have contemporaneous notes. It's a hideous scrapbook.

It may sound like a laborious undertaking but in the event of some action requiring a third party decision-maker - divorce, law suits, or some other interactions then you will have what I doubt that they will possess - written first hand accounts of what you faced and how you dealt with it.

He said, she said meets he documented and she didn't. They can be bullets:

Date - She called today wanting money for whatever - I said I didn't have it.
Date - her family contacted me for something - I told them to pound sand.
Add bills, receipts, texts, e-mails - anything and everything.

In civil law the keeping of this type of accounting is valued as reliable evidence and if only you bothered to keep detailed notes then that's just peachy.

Keep your chin up and compartmentalize these people while detailing their destructive behaviour in the event that they come back for more, and more, and more.

Best of luck

Jan 18, 2023
Sher_Singh,

After reading your story it really hits home, I also was recently the victim of a marriage of convenience though I realized immediately we already had children so that would involve breaking up my family which is harder than it sounds. You can and should report this to the CBSA and if you're brave enough go to a media source and share your story there. I personally have seen numerous Canadians taken advantage of by foreigners through this process and it seems that there is no recourse or anything to protect us from the deception once its too late. Its almost like Canada wants more tax paying citizens here by any means necessary except most of them use welfare after they get PR. SMH.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sher_Singh,

After reading your story it really hits home, I also was recently the victim of a marriage of convenience though I realized immediately we already had children so that would involve breaking up my family which is harder than it sounds. You can and should report this to the CBSA and if you're brave enough go to a media source and share your story there. I personally have seen numerous Canadians taken advantage of by foreigners through this process and it seems that there is no recourse or anything to protect us from the deception once its too late. Its almost like Canada wants more tax paying citizens here by any means necessary except most of them use welfare after they get PR. SMH.
In your case your marriage had broken up while sponsorship was being processed and it was your responsibility to inform IRCC that you were no longer in a relationship. You committed misrepresentation on your sponsorship application. Your future ex-wife was very clear about her intention right after applying for sponsorship so you had plenty of time to withdraw the sponsorship. It is very hard to take away sponsorship which is why you must withdraw sponsorship if you are no longer in a relationship or if there are any concerns about your relationship. You had so many warnimg signs and your wife assaulted you and your other but you continued your sponsorship. Unfortunately you will likely now have to pay back any welfare she uses and pay shield support. Hopefully you have filed for divorce and are pursuing child custody so you can at least get partial custody. Canada is trying to reunite families but can not know the status of your relationship if your don’t inform them and withdraw the sponsorship.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
I'm victim of fraud marriage, I got married in 2017 (arranged marriage), girl was from India and was literate. while i was in Canada, matrimonial ad was given into newspaper by my family, girl's family made contact with my family, later they all setup their meeting to discuss the matter further. Family background investigations were done. Her family contacted me where I started talking to the girl and her family over the phone. In three months I went back-home for marriage, date was fixed, got married, no dowry etc. was involved. everyone was happy. Life was going smooth until her mother started asking me to register the marriage with local Indian authorities and go back to Canada so that I should start her spousal sponsorship application. I discussed their this behaviour to my family and according to them it was normal and i was just overthinking as we all know people are always suspicious in terms of getting married to a NRI and every side has bit concerns when we make new relatives. Also, we can't sometime read people's mind that what else is going on in back of their heads. After 3-4 months of my marriage i returned back to Canada, continued my job and filed her spousal sponsorship application. While the application was in process and waiting for approval, her family started asking me never ending questions related to her application and started giving me examples of other people whether known to them or they were just making up at that time, that why it's taking that long to hear from immigration whereas other applicants getting approvals quickly...they were bit smart but somehow annoying me by comparing her case with other's. Everytime I gave them a reasonable answer to their queries they were n't getting it as they were listening and had trust on other's more. So after a month or two, sponsorship got approved and I file the PR application of my so called wife. Now again waiting game started but again they started to disturb me again and again by asking the same questions about the file (Why, Why not, How come, Others blah blah) and I always explain them in the same manner. I told this to my family as well that seems like my wife side has trust issues. Even they talked to them as well but still they were concerned about her case. From the time I met them, before and after marriage, until she got PR; I was the star of their eyes and she and her family never made me to realize about their intentions. It was my illusion which I realized later. Since there was wait time for processing the file, her family became impatient and forced me and my family to apply her visitor's visa while waiting for PR case. As it was risky step to apply for visitor's visa while PR case was still in progress, I told it's worth to wait for PR than TRV but she and her family didn't understand this and they also had a huge interference of their relatives too. At that time I was thinking that how these people shows no concerns about me but were more concerned about my so called fraud wife's case. After all this, I applied her TRV which got refused and they made a lot hue and cry over it. My family was fully aware of their behaviour and told me to remain quiet and let it go, as relationship was still new and they still might have trust issues just like any other person. At the end of 2019, she got all her landing papers and arrived to Canada. Everyone was happy including me. COVID time started. People lost jobs, world stopped, restrictions imposed. Luckily my job got least affected of all this. Even though I was working during COVID times, I took time out to show her around, long drives, taught her so much, about Canadian system, banks, different jobs here, how to apply, how to prepare for interviews etc etc. Our personal life was going smooth too, first 6 months after her arrival they went smooth and i was confident she can integrate into the canadian system but I was wrong. I set her up with new bank account and we had joint bank account too. I put my money into the joint account. As I was working, I told her that in order to keep herself busy she should find a suitable job (work from home during covid) for her. Even part-time job would work for her. All the resources were available to her, but she wasn't interested at all in doing any efforts. She had few interviews for easy jobs but didn't want to do any of them. As it was my responsibility to support her, my work paid me well, so I was able to support her without any issues even though she didn't work. Another 6 months pass out, she didn't do any job at all but instead she was keeping herself busy all times on the phone (surely, long conversations with her family, aunts, cousins etc etc.) who I was sure never gave her any good advices. I realized that in-front of me she was different but on my back she was different (I realized this from her face expressions when all sudden I came back from my work and entered into my place). There was lots going on in my absence which I could only feel but was totally unaware of that. One time she asked me if there was still 2 year relationship rule, I was bit shocked and asked why she was asking, she said one of her friend asked her (Even though that rule was ended back in 2017). She always showed me her love so as I did, she kept promising me that she would never leave me as she wasn't like other girls. We always had good laughs and conversations. All sudden she started arguing me over stupid things which lead to involve my family and her family too. So It was the time when it was one month over when She completed her 2 years with me in Canada as PR while being in relationship, I was at my work and the time I returned back, she was disappeared. I felt shaky and this gave me goose-bumps, so many things were going on in my mind, At one point my brain stopped working as I couldn't figure out what to do. I was thinking if any robbery happened in my absence as my personal stuff was all over the floor, there was mess all over the place, I immediately tried to contact her but she didn't answer, I contacted her family back-home and other relatives in Canada but nobody answered. I finally called to my family and made them aware and they all were shocked. Even they tried to contact her family but nobody picked up. I randomly checked my bank account and shocked to see that my money was gone, i called to bank and they told me that money was taken out by my fraud wife. I lost 15K. After this i realized that she ran away from my place. Then I went back to the memories and started linking up the conversations we had and her family's actual motive behind her PR case that why they were eager for it. I told to my family that we got defrauded by her and her family. This all was well organized and coordinated. She knew my routine, all banking information, her family and she waited for me to leave for work, called someone their known over to my place who helped her with all her stuff. their this planning was going from long time as for sure this wasn't just happened overnight. My family suggested me to inform the police, so I called RCMP about her missing. Later police told me that they contacted her and she wants to get divorce from me and she didn't accuse me for anything like threats, domestic violence etc..I felt bit easy after knowing this as I was aware that people can put innocents in trouble by giving false statements to the Police and they closed the case. Next day I checked my bags, my personal gold jewellery was missing, she went through my stuff and documents took the marriage certificate with her, but she couldn't find her PR card anywhere as she totally forgot that I was making some photo copies of it as i need to renew my passport but card was left on the glass bed of the printer. Later when my family went personally to talk to her's family, where her family accepted that they did all this and also said that I didn't give her PR card as she didn't find it anywhere, WTF!!! I reported to the RCMP about my stolen valuable stuff but they said it's family matter and has to be resolved through family lawyer and they can't do anything. They nicely and very smartly planned all this and used me a pawn to easily enter to Canada by the means of this marriage. One side they cheated on me and my family, on the other side they are harassing me and my family by filing false complaint in India (i.e. asking dowry, mental stress to her etc etc..)... They are talking non-sense and distracting others from the fact that they actually did fraud with us but instead of this spreading lies about me and my family to prove themselves and their fraud wife innocent. All evidences and statements were given by my family to the police against their false and fabricated claims. At this time, I'm thinking about my options that how to proceed with all this. I also called to the Border Watch Line and they told me to send everything in writing etc. where as IRCC don't deal with such cases as I contacted with one of the IRCC agent and she directed me back to the Border watch Line. This brought me a lot of emotional stress and affecting my day to day routine and activities. Any advice would be appreciable. Thanks.
3 sides to ever story. Your side, The spouses side and the truth. I read claims like this and take it with a grain of salt.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
I'm truly sorry to hear about the challenging situation you've been through. Dealing with fraud and deception is incredibly distressing, and I commend your efforts in seeking advice and solutions. Here are some steps you can consider:

1. Legal Consultation: It's essential to consult with a family lawyer who specializes in these matters. They can guide you through the legal processes, help you understand your rights, and provide counsel on the best course of action.
  2. Gather Evidence: Compile all the evidence you have related to the fraudulent marriage and theft, such as communications, bank records, and any other documentation that can support your case.
  3. Contact Authorities: Continue to work with local authorities, providing them with all the relevant information and cooperating fully with any investigations.
  4. Seek Support: Lean on your family and friends for emotional support during this difficult time. Your well-being is important.

Remember that you're not alone in facing such a difficult situation. Seeking legal counsel is a crucial step to protect your rights and find a resolution to the fraudulent marriage. It's also important to continue cooperating with the authorities and provide them with any information they need to assist in their investigations that help you to trust them. I hope that you find the support and guidance you need to address this issue and move forward.
And yours is a fraud post, along with your 3 other posts since you signed up. All shameless spam.