Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
Im just wondering, or maybe offering a heads up to check, but does every one check the forms they used whey they completed them versus the versions in place when they file? When we originally filed, the forms were all versions dated 2002 and 2004 but most are 2008 and 2009 now. One had been updated since I downloaded the fillable pdf in November.

Nobody panic, please, but for the Seniors, if you submit a form that had a new version as of the date you submit, what happens?

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
I had never heard of a case where the forms were sent back or asked to be redone because the forms used were the old version. That said, I also never heard of someone knowingly using the old forms and not having any problems - if anyone did use the old versions it was unknowingly so they wouldn't know they got away with it ;)
I have heard of cases where the visa office requested a certain form filled out and the applicant complaining that they had already sent that form initially. Maybe that was because they submitted an older version? Who knows.

Which forms changed? And what on them changed? I would imagine nothing significant has been added, so you'd probably be fine if you used an older version.

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
mitamata said:
I had never heard of a case where the forms were sent back or asked to be redone because the forms used were the old version. That said, I also never heard of someone knowingly using the old forms and not having any problems - if anyone did use the old versions it was unknowingly so they wouldn't know they got away with it ;)
I have heard of cases where the visa office requested a certain form filled out and the applicant complaining that they had already sent that form initially. Maybe that was because they submitted an older version? Who knows.

Which forms changed? And what on them changed? I would imagine nothing significant has been added, so you'd probably be fine if you used an older version.
Hi mitamata, that's actually why I asked. The information doesn't seem and different for anything we need to complete, just the order they place it in (day month year becomes year month day etc) . I wondered if they changed them to for a reason, like to tell the applicant they had used the incorrect forms.

All of the family class application forms have new versions since we completed them in 2007 and they were filed in 2008. When we filed, our lawyer said that if we pushed it any longer we'd have to re do all the forms.

I'm pleased to hear its probably not really a big deal.