+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to mention us visit visa refusal in PR application

m4nu3lex

May 28, 2019
Hi Everyone!

I submitted my PR application today. In response to the question, 'Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry, or ordered to leave Canada or any other country or territory?' I answered 'Yes.' I had two study permit refusals in the past but was successful on my third attempt. I provided the same response in my previous SP and PGWP applications, both of which were eventually approved.

Now that I've taken the TR to PR path through Express Entry after provincial nomination, I'm concerned that I didn't mention a past denial of a US visitor visa in the online form, even though it was eventually approved years later.

Since I've never disclosed this US visitor visa refusal on any of my applications to IRCC, should I submit a web form to explain this to IRCC? Could my PR application be refused even though I answered 'Yes' but didn't include the US visa refusal?

I've just received the application confirmation letter from IRCC.

Any expert advice is always welcome.

Last edited:

m4nu3lex

May 28, 2019
Hi All,
I also had US visa rejected twice. I didn't read the question completely and assumed that it was meant for Canada. When i was checking few blogs i came here. I realized my mistake and raised a web form. I haven't got any email or acknowledgement as such. Any idea how much time it is taking nowadays?

Thank you
Quick question, on your previous applications to IRCC (e.g. study/work permit), Did you not mention either about your US visa denial?

I am in the same situation here. Just submitted my PR application yesterday and today I realized that I input "No" to the question:
"been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de selection du Quebec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country or territory?"

I had USA visitor visa denied once, but later approved on second attempt, never mentioned this to IRCC on previous applications and forgot to include it on my PR application. However, I did mention previous study permit refusals, so I answered "Yes" to the question:
"Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country or territory?"

I am on limbo here, don't know what to do so please any advise is welcome

Last edited:

Alam007

Jun 25, 2023
Hello everyone
I’m secondary applicant I forgot to declare my United States and Canada visit visa refusal in 2016.
Now my wife who is primary applicant got explanation for not declaring can anyone help

Seastar

Feb 6, 2023
Hello everyone
I’m secondary applicant I forgot to declare my United States and Canada visit visa refusal in 2016.
Now my wife who is primary applicant got explanation for not declaring can anyone help
Do you apply for PR or temporary visa? How long after submitting does your wife get explanation for that?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello everyone
You are the only one who knows your circumstances, so frame a letter explaining why you did not declare whereas it was asked clearly to mention primary and secondary applicant's refusals for Canada or other countries'. Submit it within time given and wait for officer for consideration.

Seastar

Feb 6, 2023
Hello everyone
[/QUOT

Hi
Do you apply for PR or temporary visa? How long after submitting does your wife get explanation for that?
Hello everyone
Hi @Alam007

shadfan

Dec 4, 2023
Hi, my daughter is applying for a visiting visa, we tried to renew her PR before 2 years but it got provoked, as she couldn't come to Canada at that time She got her PR when she was a part of the family immigration through me ( never applied to visit Canada)
When she is answering the question " Did you ever apply to visit Canada" should she put the details ?? or answer "No"

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi, my daughter is applying for a visiting visa, we tried to renew her PR before 2 years but it got provoked, as she couldn't come to Canada at that time She got her PR when she was a part of the family immigration through me ( never applied to visit Canada)
When she is answering the question " Did you ever apply to visit Canada" should she put the details ?? or answer "No"
Yes and put the details, she applied to visit that what PR is for, for any reason she didn't visited that's her choice...