+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to mention Student status in USA back in 2009-2010 under section 13 of application form

tejasmhaskar

Nov 15, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-10-2018
As the thread title says - I forgot to mention student status in US from 2009-2010 (I didnt read carefully that immigration statuses also said - student). Will I get an opportunity to correct this via webform? Or will they send back my application as incomplete application?

Last edited:

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
The question is - whether they will send an AOR or send back the application citing missing information?
I missed writing my student status in the UK as well. After I got my AOR, I used the webform to inform them of the missing dates and it was fine. If it’s outside the resident requirement and doesn’t affect your # of physical presence days, you should be fine.

Reactions: Das67

tejasmhaskar

Nov 15, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-10-2018
I missed writing my student status in the UK as well. After I got my AOR, I used the webform to inform them of the missing dates and it was fine. If it’s outside the resident requirement and doesn’t affect your # of physical presence days, you should be fine.
Very helpful! Thanks a lot

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
can you please provide your timeline ?

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Do we also have to write Visitor Visa Information in this section as well or it needs Student, Working, Immigration & Citizenship visas information?

phoenix1985

Dec 28, 2015
can you please provide your timeline ?
Do we also have to write Visitor Visa Information in this section as well or it needs Student, Working, Immigration & Citizenship visas information?

Hello Rafzy,

Can you please update what you
As the thread title says - I forgot to mention student status in US from 2009-2010 (I didnt read carefully that immigration statuses also said - student). Will I get an opportunity to correct this via webform? Or will they send back my application as incomplete application?
Hi there,

I also made a similar mistake. I missed to include my UK student visa from 2011 and my UK work permit for 2013 - 2014, which I never used. I only included the citizenship information of my country of birth. I have recently submitted my citizenship application which reached IRCC on 10th August 2021.

Can you please share what you did in your case?
1. Did you include an updated application form along with an LOE? Or,
2. Did you only include the updated table for that section and an LOE?
3. Also do we need to include visit visas like USA B1 / B2 in this section?

Thanks

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
If you have already received AOR, you can send this updated information to IRCC and attach an LOE with details and send everything through webform.

phoenix1985

Dec 28, 2015
Hi there,

I also made a similar mistake. I missed to include my UK student visa from 2011 and my UK work permit for 2013 - 2014, which I never used. I only included the citizenship information of my country of birth. I have recently submitted my citizenship application which reached IRCC on 10th August 2021.

Can you please share what you did in your case?
1. Did you include an updated application form along with an LOE? Or,
2. Did you only include the updated table for that section and an LOE?
3. Also do we need to include visit visas like USA B1 / B2 in this section?

Thanks

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just went through my application again and I didn't mention all of my student statuses before entering Canada. (US from 2010-12 and UK 2012-13), yet my oath is next week. I don't think it's a huge mistake and you can always update using a webform. They already know and checked your history prior to PR.

Reactions: tejasmhaskar