+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign work permit

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
No, you were supposed to send Pakistani PCC, I think this is the reason you stuck in background check, my lawyer attached my PCC from different countries where I used to live more than 6 months.
yeah but in the request letter they just said need to send your PCC for spouse and myself from Singapore local authorities.
no mention of Pakistan so I never send it.

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
yeah but in the request letter they just said need to send your PCC for spouse and myself from Singapore local authorities.
no mention of Pakistan so I never send it.
On the website they have mentioned that need to attach the PCC all those countries where you have lived after the age of 18, and I didn’t wait for request to submit the PCC, we submitted along with the application so then very easy to check background for IRCC.

Eddy17

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Hi guys

I have a question my wife first Work permit was approved last year in august 2022 and the expiry date for that one was December 13, 2023 reason why she come Toronto with me in December 7, 2022 but before she come to canada with me I applied for my open work permit extension on date octubre 12, 2022 and I included her as a dependant and she was applying from our home country (outside canada ).

I sent a webform telling them my wife was already here living with me and updating her address with mine here in Toronto.

her work permit was approved and they requested her passport, we sent it and the send back to our address here in Toronto her passport with the visa and letter that say her work permit was approved, the issue and expiring date and also that she have to bring the letter with her to get the work permit by an officer in Canada.

I am confused now what can I do to get her work permit here in canada, or where can we go ?

Thanks for your help.

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
On the website they have mentioned that need to attach the PCC all those countries where you have lived after the age of 18, and I didn’t wait for request to submit the PCC, we submitted along with the application so then very easy to check background for IRCC.
yeah you're right. Actually I missed attaching PCC in the initial application. now I'm just waiting

jbjnikesh

Mar 17, 2014
Dear Friends,
I live in India and just got LMIA approved and Job offer from Alberta. I have travel planned on May 31st (Travelling on Visitor visa) . Wondering if I should apply for work Permit at Port of Entry or should wait to enter the country and then apply for Work permit. Anyone else in similar situation? Another option I read about is enter the country and the do flagpoling to get work permit. Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Nancy

Sularbaba

Star Member
Feb 8, 2023
eligibility and BGC in progress since Feb 25th... no updates since then. it's Singapore VO.

what's your status?
Background started since January and eligibility started two days ago for spouse alone not even the main applicant. I’m surprised it happened that way