frotenacs

Feb 8, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry if this thread has been covered before.. I need some help on how to obtain Canadian equivalency evaluation of my wife's transcripts and certificates. We are preparing documents for admission to a two year college program. I gather that all the transcripts should be evaluated and submitted as part of the application package. We have three transcripts- grade 12, bachelors in science and an MBA degree (all from India). Where could I do these evaluation and how much it would cost me? thank you

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
frotenacs said:
Sorry if this thread has been covered before.. I need some help on how to obtain Canadian equivalency evaluation of my wife's transcripts and certificates. We are preparing documents for admission to a two year college program. I gather that all the transcripts should be evaluated and submitted as part of the application package. We have three transcripts- grade 12, bachelors in science and an MBA degree (all from India). Where could I do these evaluation and how much it would cost me? thank you
Try "http://www.wes.org/ca/" website. They do Canadian equivalency evaluation for the transcripts.
Not sure if the would do for 12th grade though.
You will get all the details on cost, time and requirements over there.

actonis

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
There are three companies that are allowed to do that for Canada.
One of them is WES.
I used them for my educational equivalency thought I have different route and payed around 200 CAD but I needed just educational equivalency so I got two sheets documents stated that I have bachelor and master equivalency in Canada.
Your package is different and probably more expensive.

What I know is that you need to send copy of the original diplomas and translation to WES. Also you need to ask you spouse academic institution (high school, college...) to send new original transcripts to WES. My university issued me new transcripts in English, they put them in sealed envelope and I mail them to WES together with my envelop with translated transcripts. I got a letter from them for about a Months.

Now, if the institution does not issues you transcript in English, you get the transcript in your native language, sent them to official translator, so the translation have signature and seal, go back to your academic institution and ask for envelope (or buy yourself one), put the original documents and the translations and seal the enveloped with the seal of the academic institution.

Though I believe that in your case WES will ask for more than academic transcript, they will ask your institution to give short description for every subject your wive has so that can evaluate what kind of higher education she can be enrolled in.

My advice, check the WES website, or check the other two companies, I don't know their name, but in no means I want to advertise WES here, I choose them just because they were cheapest. I read lot of complaints about them in this forum. Send mail to all of the three companies, explain your situation and ask for advice.

Hope I was of assistance.

Cf45

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
I choose WES also. It was 229 for a society by document evaluation. It took a lot shorter than I expected. I applied dec 6 and on christmas heard that I was equivalent 4yrs college plus masters. I used this company becuase I am a teacher and one of the teachers colleges that I want to become a member of said it needed to be a Wes evaluation.