+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

foreign qualified dentist working as dental assistant in canada

maheen saleem

Jul 7, 2021
I am a dentist, I have done my BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) from a university in Pakistan. It is a four-year degree program along with one year of clinical experience under supervision.
I want to work as a dental assistant in Canada. Can i get any help regarding the pathway I need to take to work as one and if there are any exemptions for foreign qualified dentists?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do you have PR? If not look at Express Entry and start the process. Once in Canada, you can look into certification. There would be no exemptions.

Sorlic23

Jun 22, 2023
I am a dentist, I have done my BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) from a university in Pakistan. It is a four-year degree program along with one year of clinical experience under supervision.
I want to work as a dental assistant in Canada. Can i get any help regarding the pathway I need to take to work as one and if there are any exemptions for foreign qualified dentists?
Hi Raheem Saleem, Yes, we accept Dentist's from other countries as long as you are able to study here with a PR, you can apply for directly for the program here: https://sodentalcollege.com/academics/dental-assisting/

Please let me know if you have any further questions. S