+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Food Bank - International Studen

Tigre200820

Dec 26, 2019
Hi, I am in Canada as an international student and my husband has a SOWP, I would like to know if we can use a Food Bank and It will not be a problem in the future if we ask for visa extension or PR.

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I am in Canada as an international student and my husband has a SOWP, I would like to know if we can use a Food Bank and It will not be a problem in the future if we ask for visa extension or PR.

Thank you
You will be evaluated for need based on your funds and work status. Not everyone has access to a food bank. If you arrived in Canada in late December you should have shown enough funds to support yourselves since it is only February. Use of a food bank will not influence PR. If you can not support yourselves it could influence any temporary visa extension.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Thank you
This could be an issue for visa extensions since to be approved for visa extensions, you must show you have the funds to support yourselves. If you've used a social service, this will indicate you do not have the required funds to continue living here.

Diamond42

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Hi guys,

I just found this thread and it's similar to the question I have. I'm about to apply for my PR under CEC. I have been getting food from the food bank for about 6 months now. I did ask the food bank if they share their info with anyone and they said they don't. Please do you think getting food from a food bank can harm my application in any way? Please advise. Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,

I just found this thread and it's similar to the question I have. I'm about to apply for my PR under CEC. I have been getting food from the food bank for about 6 months now. I did ask the food bank if they share their info with anyone and they said they don't. Please do you think getting food from a food bank can harm my application in any way? Please advise. Thanks
You just had a study permit approved for spetember 2020 which means your had to show adequate funds to suppoet yourself. If you had not funds and needed the food bank your permit would have been denied.