+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Follow up on Work Permit/Visa

ianignacio

Oct 15, 2013
To whom it may concern:

I received an LMO from the emplyer in Canda, also got the job contract and offer. I completed the requirements then sent it to Makati, Canada Embassy Office here in the Philippines., After 2 weeks I got a letter from the embassy together with the approval of doing a medical examination. I finished my medical examination April 1,2013 and the clinic (st.lukes) sent the results May 4,2013 (i don't know why it took a month when they said it will only take 5-7 days). I checked the Canada Embassy Website and found out that it will take 5 months but it's been more than 5 months and still didn't get any notification or update. All my original documents (school records, COE's, Passport and others) were sent to the office. I tried calling the Canadian Embassy to make a follow up and they advised me that I can only make a follow up via email, so I emailed this manil.consular-consulaire@international.gc.ca and got a reply(auto-reply) that i should get a response within 3 working days but it's been more 7 working days and still not getting any reply. I hope someone can give me an update on this. My employer keeps on calling me and asking if how's my application status. Please! Please! Please! any answer, comments, suggestions and update will be greatly appreciated. Hope to hear from you guys.

Thanks,
Benedick Ian Ignacio

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
See the Foreign Workers section of this forum and see the threads with similar experiences such as yours and join them for feedback and exchange of views and advise....
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/foreign-workers-b10.0/

Much of the processing was affected by the work stoppage of the foreign services officers; the work stoppage has ended but there is a backlog of applications that they are working on.

/...