+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flying back to the USA during COVID

312to213

Sep 4, 2020
I got my COPR in March '20 and it expires in December '20.
Thinking about flying to Toronto for my first landing -CN immigration should be easy with my COPR status

Question is about returning to the US during this COVID as I am on a H1B visa.
I really have get back here for work (for a few more months until i entirely move to Canada).

Please advise if this will be a safe time for the round trip (California - Toronto - California) ?
Also if there are other options you can suggest me to do.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Well until further notice you will need a 14 day quarantine plan on arrival in Canada and currently the guidelines are not supportive of soft landings as that could be considered non essential although there is nothing in reality to stop anyone leaving after the 14 day quarantine period

Last edited:

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I got my COPR in March '20 and it expires in December '20.
Thinking about flying to Toronto for my first landing -CN immigration should be easy with my COPR status

Question is about returning to the US during this COVID as I am on a H1B visa.
I really have get back here for work (for a few more months until i entirely move to Canada).

Please advise if this will be a safe time for the round trip (California - Toronto - California) ?
Also if there are other options you can suggest me to do.
Why do you need to land in ontario? Are you ontario provincial nominee?
Few are landing in near by province due to pandemic. So you can try that but make sure to prove that you have strong ties/ having plan to settle in the province that nominated you. if its direct federal sponsor then you are find to land anywhere near you.
Prefer driving closer to you rather than taking long flight and going through multiple cities/airports.

312to213

Sep 4, 2020
Well until further notice you will need a 14 day quarantine plan on arrival in Canada and currently the guidelines are not supportive of soft landings as that could be considered non essential although there is nothing in reality to stop anyone leaving after the 14 day quarantine period
Bs65, yea i feel the same. Thanks for your inputs that's helpful :)

312to213

Sep 4, 2020
Why do you need to land in ontario? Are you ontario provincial nominee?
Few are landing in near by province due to pandemic. So you can try that but make sure to prove that you have strong ties/ having plan to settle in the province that nominated you. if its direct federal sponsor then you are find to land anywhere near you.
Prefer driving closer to you rather than taking long flight and going through multiple cities/airports.
Hariraj, thanks for your reply. Yes, perhaps it's less of a hassle to drive to a nearby canadian city rather than taking a plane, if there's a possiblity. Which is why i wanted to hear from you folks if anyone did such a travel that went smooth or had troubles. :) Maybe i could use this trip to visit a friend in Toronto as well, more than just a soft landing. So, yea.. :) Thanks

limits

May 13, 2015
What about in the US? Is there any quarantine in the US, specifically New York or can you fly in from Canada without having to quarantine?