+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flat Search From Abroad

DRUSILLA

Nov 27, 2018
We will be looking into flat rentals before permanently moving to Vancouver. Do you know if there is a way of renting a flat in Vancouver from abroad before we move there? For example, are there any agencies that would do viewing on-line? We would like to avoid traveling to Vancouver to search for a flat, then coming back to UK for few weeks and travelling to Vancouver again to move there permanently. Any advise would be appreciated.

GRACEOFGOD

May 19, 2014
We will be looking into flat rentals before permanently moving to Vancouver. Do you know if there is a way of renting a flat in Vancouver from abroad before we move there? For example, are there any agencies that would do viewing on-line? We would like to avoid traveling to Vancouver to search for a flat, then coming back to UK for few weeks and travelling to Vancouver again to move there permanently. Any advise would be appreciated.[/QUOT

https://www.kijiji.ca/h-vancouver/1700287

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The vacancy rate in Vancouver is less than 1%. Finding a place in Vancouver can be a competitive sport unless you have a very healthy budget. You will likely have to find something in person. Finding something in person also protects you since posted pictures are often the best part of the apartment.

DRUSILLA

Nov 27, 2018
The vacancy rate in Vancouver is less than 1%. Finding a place in Vancouver can be a competitive sport unless you have a very healthy budget. You will likely have to find something in person. Finding something in person also protects you since posted pictures are often the best part of the apartment.
I understand this is going to be a hard task and I guess we will need to go there once more before permanently moving. What would you say healthy budget is for a one bedroom flat is? Do you think if North Vancouver is especially difficult part to find a place for living?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I understand this is going to be a hard task and I guess we will need to go there once more before permanently moving. What would you say healthy budget is for a one bedroom flat is? Do you think if North Vancouver is especially difficult part to find a place for living?
Haven't been keeping track but over $2000//month is normal for a 1 bedroom.