+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First time landing in Canada as PR, need help.

Harry1999

May 7, 2017
HI,

Kindly help in detail what needs to be prepare and take with us at the time of first entry as PR in Canada.

Specially for funds, can we take half cash and rest show bank statement from account back home to prove that it would be transferred later bank to bank.

What forms to be filled before we land in Canada for the first time?

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
22-Apr-2016, Additional Doc Request 13-July-2016
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
22 August, further tests 18 Sep, 11 Oct Meds passed
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
At POE ensure you have the following
- passport
- COPR
In addition to the above I had the following documents with me, might not hold for all
- PR card application filled. This was not required at POE. The immigration officer just checked for passport and COPR and I was not required to fill or submit any form for PR
- goods to follow list(2 copies) I did not have goods to follow but I did take the form with me. Was not asked for it. If you have goods that you want to bring later then do carry this form with you.. was not asked for it by the immigration officer.
- goods accompanying list(2 copies) was not asked for it.
- 2 photograph. Was not asked for it.
- proof of funds document. I had with me the following
* Last 6 months bank statement
* Letter from bank(stamped and on bank letterhead) that I was having the required amount in my account
* International Debit/credit cart in case they ask how would I be transferring/using the funds in my account
* Online access to my account
As was the case with other documents I was not asked for it.

In case you are carrying cash more than 10k then you would be required to declare the same.

Reactions: TanuP

Harry1999

May 7, 2017
At POE ensure you have the following
- passport
- COPR
In addition to the above I had the following documents with me, might not hold for all
- PR card application filled. This was not required at POE. The immigration officer just checked for passport and COPR and I was not required to fill or submit any form for PR
- goods to follow list(2 copies) I did not have goods to follow but I did take the form with me. Was not asked for it. If you have goods that you want to bring later then do carry this form with you.. was not asked for it by the immigration officer.
- goods accompanying list(2 copies) was not asked for it.
- 2 photograph. Was not asked for it.
- proof of funds document. I had with me the following
* Last 6 months bank statement
* Letter from bank(stamped and on bank letterhead) that I was having the required amount in my account
* International Debit/credit cart in case they ask how would I be transferring/using the funds in my account
* Online access to my account
As was the case with other documents I was not asked for it.

In case you are carrying cash more than 10k then you would be required to declare the same.
Really appreciate your reply. So I'll be carrying between 10k to 15k CAN$ that I have to declare for sure.

1. From where I get the form to declare amount 10k?
2. Pictures we need of same size that we took for COPR?
3. Since we are 3 members, we will be having almost 160KG of luggage or boxes.
So should we make list of each and every bag on just a plain paper or there is some form we need to fill?

Kindly answer if you can.

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
22-Apr-2016, Additional Doc Request 13-July-2016
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
22 August, further tests 18 Sep, 11 Oct Meds passed
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
Really appreciate your reply. So I'll be carrying between 10k to 15k CAN$ that I have to declare for sure.

Not sure about the form.
Photos not required. As I was not sure, I took the photos.
So should we make list of each and every bag on just a plain paper or there is some form we need to fill?

Check for the following forms
bsf 186a: accompanying goods list
- bsf 186: goods to follow list

sahilsharma88

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
I landed on 3rd Feb.

Most important documents - 1) Passport 2) COPR (In my case the officer only saw these two documents)

Documents i carried along with me - Bank letter with funds in my accounts, Photographs, address to ship the PR card, educational certificates.

However, as mentioned only COPR and passport was checked and I was out of airport in under 30 minutes. Smooth as hell process.

Reactions: yasirhusain

Cynicalmonk

May 3, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other

I landed at Terminal 1 of Pearson Airport, Toronto last month. They have several automated Kiosks/ terminals which I used for declaration and it also takes your photograph for the PR card.

1. To begin, simply insert the picture page of your passport face down and follow the onscreen instructions. Your picture will be taken and included with your current flight information.
  2. Ensure you read the questions carefully and using the touch screen, enter your response. These questions are very similar to the traditional paper declaration form.
  3. Present your printed kiosk receipt and travel documents to a border services officer at the next checkpoint for verification.

Last edited:

Vivu

Feb 20, 2018
I landed at Terminal 1 of Pearson Airport, Toronto last month. They have several automated Kiosks/ terminals which I used for declaration and it also takes your photograph for the PR card.

1. To begin, simply insert the picture page of your passport face down and follow the onscreen instructions. Your picture will be taken and included with your current flight information.
  2. Ensure you read the questions carefully and using the touch screen, enter your response. These questions are very similar to the traditional paper declaration form.
  3. Present your printed kiosk receipt and travel documents to a border services officer at the next checkpoint for verification.

Hi
I have a question. Is port of entry mentioned in COPR? If yes, can we still complete the first landing at some other destination ?

nnadia

Sep 11, 2009
Hi, I land pearson airport on 18 december. I didmt declare my assets. But I want to declare and want to bring my assets from pakistan. As I land here first time can I request to consider my request now.

May 3, 2019
I want some clarification
my query is that;
How much cash+money in forex card should a person carry from India to Canada for first time landing as permanent resident??

Last edited: