+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FIRST PR CARD: FSW PROGRAM : PROCESSING TIME

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
Hello Guys,

I completed my landing process on Sept 14, 2018 and was able to attach the PR card application in my online account. Since then I am waiting for my PR card to be approved. 2 weeks back, I did see a ghost update but nothing really happened after that.

Can someone let me know what is the current processing time going now?
Is there anyone who recently got his/her first PR CARD and their timeline?

I am little concerned now as online average processing timing is 50 days. Its been 2.5 months now for me.

Thanks,
Sid

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Guys,

I completed my landing process on Sept 14, 2018 and was able to attach the PR card application in my online account. Since then I am waiting for my PR card to be approved. 2 weeks back, I did see a ghost update but nothing really happened after that.

Can someone let me know what is the current processing time going now?
Is there anyone who recently got his/her first PR CARD and their timeline?

I am little concerned now as online average processing timing is 50 days. Its been 2.5 months now for me.

Thanks,
Sid
The 50 days doesn't include mailing time which adds another 1-2 weeks.

Additionally, there's a postal strike on right now. All mail is delayed.

Reactions: sidroy09

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
The 50 days doesn't include mailing time which adds another 1-2 weeks.

Additionally, there's a postal strike on right now. All mail is delayed.
Thanks for the reply. Yes I know there are postal issues right now.
But first I am expecting the online status to change to 'Approved'. It still says ' SUBMITTED'.

bobARC

Aug 8, 2018
Thanks for the reply. Yes I know there are postal issues right now.
But first I am expecting the online status to change to 'Approved'. It still says ' SUBMITTED'.
So if I understand you correctly, after your initial arrival you went and applied separately for a PR card. How and where did you do this?

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
So if I understand you correctly, after your initial arrival you went and applied separately for a PR card. How and where did you do this?
Why would I apply for PR card separately?
When I did my landing, they took the address and COPR and asked for the address where PR card needs to be sent. That is it.

I linked my PR card application in my online account after reaching back home.

bobARC

Aug 8, 2018
I linked my PR card application in my online account after reaching back home.
I'm trying to understand the mechanism here. What was your 'PR Card application' number? Where did you get it from?
And you linked this in your cic.gc.ca account I'm assuming?

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
Still waiting for someone to reply on this.
I am not sure how I need to wait more. No update yet after 3 months. o_O

mtlcanada

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Need advice urgently
I have a CoPR visa stamped and i am traveling for a month to Canada to take PR card and then return to my country for 2 months.
Now, if i dont receive my PR card in a month, can i re-enter Canada as my visa says number of entries as ONE only. Do I have to get another visa stamped on my Pasport again?
Note that, visa validity is still another 4 months but no.of entry is mentioned as only once.
Can I get another visa stamped thru VFS?
Please let me know...i am worried a lot.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Need advice urgently
I have a CoPR visa stamped and i am traveling for a month to Canada to take PR card and then return to my country for 2 months.
Now, if i dont receive my PR card in a month, can i re-enter Canada as my visa says number of entries as ONE only. Do I have to get another visa stamped on my Pasport again?
Note that, visa validity is still another 4 months but no.of entry is mentioned as only once.
Can I get another visa stamped thru VFS?
Please let me know...i am worried a lot.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-visa-entry-says-one-time-entry.633192/