+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"First Landing" if you're already in Canada

zaurq2006

Jun 24, 2017
Thank you @canuck_in_uk for the reply. Do you know if i can drive to Niagara Falls Rainbow Bridge, have refusal from us entry and return with my car back to Canadian side to do landing ? I really don't want to walk the bridge with newborn child. I just don't know whether you can make u turn without actually entering US and whether you can wait in your car or park your car at the Canadian Border services? I checked all the posts here in this forum and not able to find someone who tried to do similar landing with a car. Thanks in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you @canuck_in_uk for the reply. Do you know if i can drive to Niagara Falls Rainbow Bridge, have refusal from us entry and return with my car back to Canadian side to do landing ? I really don't want to walk the bridge with newborn child. I just don't know whether you can make u turn without actually entering US and whether you can wait in your car or park your car at the Canadian Border services? I checked all the posts here in this forum and not able to find someone who tried to do similar landing with a car. Thanks in advance.
Yes, you can do that. Note that the Rainbow Bridge border office has restricted times for flagpoling. I suggest you contact CBSA to find out when you can go.

sabi1512

Sep 25, 2017
Hi Friends,
I have recently received the letter form cic to send the passports for PR Visa. I am currently on WP in Canada already, and my daughter (9yrs old) is having a Study Permit allowing her to attend school.
Now the confusion for me and I need your help to clarify this if possible -
My child’s study permit is about to expire and by the time I get the passports stamped and plan a ‘landing’, it will surely be expired. So can I let her continue school as-is (school have already accepted for this academic yr) and plan the landing? Or should I submit for her SP extension and then use that as a means of valid status while doing the landing? Will the option I choose for landing (going to border or local cic) make any difference?

Thanks, your input is much appreciated.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Friends,
I have recently received the letter form cic to send the passports for PR Visa. I am currently on WP in Canada already, and my daughter (9yrs old) is having a Study Permit allowing her to attend school.
Now the confusion for me and I need your help to clarify this if possible -
My child’s study permit is about to expire and by the time I get the passports stamped and plan a ‘landing’, it will surely be expired. So can I let her continue school as-is (school have already accepted for this academic yr) and plan the landing? Or should I submit for her SP extension and then use that as a means of valid status while doing the landing? Will the option I choose for landing (going to border or local cic) make any difference?

Thanks, your input is much appreciated.
Hi

You should apply to extend your child's study permit so she maintains legal status in Canada. While I doubt it would cause problems, it is just never a good idea to be illegal in any country for any amount of time.

You can apply by paper, which has a current processing time of 116 days. After landing as a PR, submit a request to withdraw; if they haven't started processing the app, you will get a refund.

sabi1512

Sep 25, 2017
Hi

You should apply to extend your child's study permit so she maintains legal status in Canada. While I doubt it would cause problems, it is just never a good idea to be illegal in any country for any amount of time.

You can apply by paper, which has a current processing time of 116 days. After landing as a PR, submit a request to withdraw; if they haven't started processing the app, you will get a refund.
Thanks for the inputs @canuck_in_uk ...
I will apply for the extension of my kid’s study permit...