+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First Entry / Temporary Visa While Waiting for PR Card

Greeneyebunny

Aug 22, 2011
Hello - have received my passport back with the single entry Visa now.

I do have a couple questions which someone may be able to help me with:
1) What happens on the first arrival into Canada. On the forms I received back with my passport it just says for your first arrival bring your passport, visa, and confirmation of permanent resident form.....is their anything that will happen or is the officer just validating the picture?

2) the visa is only for a single entry and it looks like it will take the PR card around 32 business days to arrive. If I need to leave Canada during this time is it possible to get another temporary visa for Canada?

Any thoughts would be appreciated, flying to Canada tomorrow!!!!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Greeneyebunny said:
Hello - have received my passport back with the single entry Visa now.

I do have a couple questions which someone may be able to help me with:
1) What happens on the first arrival into Canada. On the forms I received back with my passport it just says for your first arrival bring your passport, visa, and confirmation of permanent resident form.....is their anything that will happen or is the officer just validating the picture?

2) the visa is only for a single entry and it looks like it will take the PR card around 32 business days to arrive. If I need to leave Canada during this time is it possible to get another temporary visa for Canada?

Any thoughts would be appreciated, flying to Canada tomorrow!!!!
No. You will have to apply for a Travel Document from the Canadian consulate in the country where you will be.