+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finding work

Tamik87

Nov 17, 2009
Hi,

I'm just getting very scared at the moment. I'm coming to canada in January 2010 on a WHP and hoping to get spousal sponsership after one year has elapsed via living together.

I'm just wanting to know how hard it is to find employment there, and if i'm able to participate in any traineeships etc until I can study there (Can't afford to do so under international student), is it also a bad idea to start applying online for jobs whilst still in Australia? or would this be detrimental?

Just so stressed, I was in the process of joining Victoria Police (I am from Australia), that was my dream and always had been.

Due to this I have no qualifications, am I totally unemployable? This is giving me doubts about coming as I have to pay rent etc where I am staying.

Hope42010

Star Member
Oct 15, 2009
Brazil
Hi,

January is winter season, which makes harder for professionals to find work imagine for you with no qualifications or maturity...

You already said what your dream is and the reason why you are heading to Canada as well your fears and prospects for future… I guess you have answered your own questions, don’t you???? You should read the foruns deeply to get an idea of your future.

Ask yourself, am I ready to change what “I have” for something that you are “hoping”, is that solid enough to risk. Think and good luck. :-X

Hash

Dec 11, 2009
Hi

Can only agree with Hope42010 here ... I am a qualified professional and have had a great deal of difficulty finding any work here. However, if it is your dream to come here I would start applying for jobs online - it won't be detrimental.

Good luck.