+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

finding job in Canada

sen.rishob

Dec 13, 2017
Hello everyone,
I am an hospitality professional and have plus 5 years international work experience. I am also an MBA in hospitality for City University of Seattle. I am an Express entry Candidate and have been apply for job everywhere. My problem is that I have not received even a single reply. I have used the Canadian Job bank
websites, province job bank sites. I have emailed so many employers with my CV and Cover letter

I just do not know what am I doing wrong. Could anyone please advice me.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Unfortunately you are finding out same as everyone else that until you are in Canada as a PR no employer is willing to take the risk or spend time on someone who may or may not get PR status

sen.rishob

Dec 13, 2017
Well that is demoralising. At lest they should reply back eith an explanation , it’s just polite. I understand that the first priority are the citizens and that residents but , if someone is highly qualified and experiment , then it’s worth giving them a chance or atlest give them a chance for an interview .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Well that is demoralising. At lest they should reply back eith an explanation , it’s just polite. I understand that the first priority are the citizens and that residents but , if someone is highly qualified and experiment , then it’s worth giving them a chance or atlest give them a chance for an interview .
In order to offer you a job, the employer would have to obtain an approved LMIA. The LMIA process is very long and expensive for the employer - and requires them to prove that no Canadian can be found for the role. There is also no guarantee the LMIA will be approved if the employer applies - if there are plenty of skilled Canadians in the field, the LMIA is normally refused. This is why you're not hearing back from employers. They either aren't willing to go through the LMIA process or know the LMIA will be refused if they try to apply since there are plenty of Canadians they can hire.

Best option is to focus on getting PR status first and then apply. Once you are a PR, no LMIA will be required to hire you.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
If you really are "highly qualified and experiment" you will get an answer. Keep in mind Canada attracts lots of highly qualified people so you have to REALLY outstand from the rest.

Reactions: vinamras