+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finding Job in Canada

shahidzaiba

Jul 17, 2016
What is the means to approach employers in canada.

Can anyone help me find job, 2171 and 2172 is my spouse and my NOC.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shahidzaiba said:
What is the means to approach employers in canada.

Can anyone help me find job, 2171 and 2172 is my spouse and my NOC.
It is exceptionally unlikely that you will find a job in Canada before getting PR, unless you have incredibly rare skills.

For a Canadian employer to offer you a job, they have to get an LMIA for the job. In order to get an LMIA, they have to prove that there is no one in Canada who is capable of doing the job.
So if you have a skill set that is very, very rare in Canada, then congratulations. Otherwise, this is a very long shot.

That said, if you're looking for a job in Canada, try Canadian job search websites (indeed, monster, workopolis, etc.).

shahidzaiba

Jul 17, 2016
Thanks for your reply Istari!

I'm looking forward to increase my score and I'm going to rewrite IELTS, If getting jobs in canada is difficult then what are the other ways to increase CRS score? All the PNP options seems to be closed at this time.

How can we increase chances to get ITA.

Can we try coming on a visitor visa and try finding job, will that be helpful?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shahidzaiba said:
Thanks for your reply Istari!

I'm looking forward to increase my score and I'm going to rewrite IELTS, If getting jobs in canada is difficult then what are the other ways to increase CRS score? All the PNP options seems to be closed at this time.

How can we increase chances to get ITA.

Can we try coming on a visitor visa and try finding job, will that be helpful?
As far as I'm aware, PEI and NB PNPs are open. Others will probably re-open at the beginning of next year if you're willing to wait that long.

I'm not sure how coming on a visitor visa would help. You cannot work while on a visitor visa. You may be able to meet some employers who could hire you in the future, but they would still need to get an LMIA in order for you to claim points for it.