+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Find a job in engeneering field during Working Holiday Visa

Dennis M

Jan 21, 2011
Hello together, im planning to go to Canada for few month, to see the country and maybe to look for some job, and if I would be successful with that to stay in Canada for few years. Is it realistic to look for a job with this kind of visa, so far I know its allowed to work in any field except of medicine and tutoring. How about internships in Canada, do companies provide any, if yes, are these paid?
Do anyone has experience with that?

thanks

Dennis

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
what kind of visa are u referring to? a travel visa? if u are on a travel visa, u can get interviews but after that, if u are not authorized to work in canada, and need a work visa, then yr chances of getting a job is very very slim and in fact, 99% no chance of landing a job, cause employers will ask if u are authorized to work in canada, and if u do not have PR and do not have work visa already, then yr chances will be 0 most of the time.

Dennis M

Jan 21, 2011
Im from Germany, so far I know german citizens can apply for a Working Holiday Visa, they are allowed to travel through the country and to work for 12 month whereever in Canada they want. Except medical field and educational one.
Another question, is it possible to apply for Work Permit inside Canada, or do I have to apply from my homecountry?

thx

Dennis

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
u can apply for a work permit out of canada, but provided the canadian consultant permits. In your case, the german case of getting a work holiday visa for 12 months, it may be possible to get out of Canada but for u to find a job here, will take time for sure, and 12 months seem a bit short. Of course, it is possible to get a job within 12 months but the chances of not being able to find one is still there.