+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Financial Support Letter

Eshin Wan

Nov 23, 2020
Hi everyone!

I can't find the answer either by google search or on the IRCC website so I'm here for asking a help.

I'm a college student in China right now. I plan to visit Canada in the future. And I need my parents' financial support to visit Canada and they're willing to support me. So I clicked "Yes" for "Do you depend on someone financially?" on the visa application website. But I don't depend on them in my daily life. Is this proper?

I chose "Yes" and now they need my financial supporters which are my parents in my case to write a letter of support to prove that they can support me. But they don't speak neither English or French. Can they write in Chinese characters?

Nov 2, 2020
Hello Eshin,

Financial support is a broader term, do you mean that you need financial support throughout the trip or just the air tickets.

If you are a student and have no source of income then you need there support letter including sufficient funds proof.

If you are student and working and earning consistent money, probably you don't need a letter then.

Support letter may be in mandarin, then you have to get translated in English from authorized translator.

Best of luck.