+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finalization of application

Cmichele03

Mar 3, 2019
In applying for the spousal sponsorship application I recieved a letter saying my application has been complete, they will be contacting to schedule an appointment for the 'finalization of your permanent residence application', and that a decision on my permanent residency will be made at that time. What does this meeting entail, what should I be prepared for? Is it still a chance I'll be denied (and what would make it get denied this far in) at this point or would they have told me in the letter if it was? I have already paid my right of permanent residence fee along with my application as well.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
In applying for the spousal sponsorship application I recieved a letter saying my application has been complete, they will be contacting to schedule an appointment for the 'finalization of your permanent residence application', and that a decision on my permanent residency will be made at that time. What does this meeting entail, what should I be prepared for? Is it still a chance I'll be denied (and what would make it get denied this far in) at this point or would they have told me in the letter if it was? I have already paid my right of permanent residence fee along with my application as well.
That is a landing appointment. You don't need to do anything to prepare. Bring anything that they requested. They'll ask some questions, you'll sign the COPR and become a PR.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
??????what if you haven't pay an have no more tim to pay
You are asking what happens if you have not paid your RPRF and feel that you have no more time to pay.

You must pay the RPRF. You can pay online and bring the receipt with you. If you have not paid the RPRF, you may be denied your PR.

You've also started your own thread asking these questions.

Ackencia

Jan 23, 2020
You are asking what happens if you have not paid your RPRF and feel that you have no more time to pay.

You must pay the RPRF. You can pay online and bring the receipt with you. If you have not paid the RPRF, you may be denied your PR.

What's the conciquences for not paying or is there a possibility and tbh there was for me and I'm happy to say I got through today at my appointment

Ackencia

Jan 23, 2020

Well I'm happy to say that I didn't pay my right of fee and I got through ,maybe because it's my first time ,my application journey was also different and rare ,life was basically hard no I'd no nothing well a health card I even had a letter with me prepare saying why I couldn't pay

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Well I'm happy to say that I didn't pay my right of fee and I got through ,maybe because it's my first time ,my application journey was also different and rare ,life was basically hard no I'd no nothing well a health card I even had a letter with me prepare saying why I couldn't pay
Congratulations.

Hopefully you've either already paid it (sometimes people do pay it up front, the finalization letter always mentions that you need to pay it if you haven't already) or they somehow didn't notice you didn't pay it and won't.

Wishing you the best.

Ackencia

Jan 23, 2020
Congratulations.

Hopefully you've either already paid it (sometimes people do pay it up front, the finalization letter always mentions that you need to pay it if you haven't already) or they somehow didn't notice you didn't pay it and won't.

Wishing you the best.
No I didn't pay .there could be many reasons to why they help me