Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

My question is whether or not I can fill out the forms for my spouse, who I am sponsoring. She is Thai, and her spoken English is good, but her reading and writing definitley lacks.The application has pretty straight forward questions so I don't think Immigration would really make much of a fuss. But, I feel wierd writing out the essay form of proving that our relationship is genuine and continuing that pertains to Sponsored Spouse Questionnaire. I called the Immigration line, and the lady assured me that aslong as she were able to answer questions that would be asked in a possible interview, then everything would be fine. I'm hesitant since I've been given conflicting answers more then once through this phone line, and I have also read a person saying that his friend was denied a TRV just based on the fact that it was clear she had not answered the questions herself, due to the quality of English they were answered with. Although my grammar may be poor enough that they don't realize. Just wondering what your guys take on it is.

THANKS!!

I

iarblue

You can fill out the forms who to say you cant but you cant sign them for her as for the interview it is a verbal interview not written and she can bring a transltor to the interview if she likes.
As for the essay part,she can say it in her own words and you just write them

wilder1047

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hm, if she were to tell me what to write it still would not flow very well. What if at the end of the essay I put a place where could she sign off and date it? But, still right it in my own words, would this fly?

javcil

Star Member
Mar 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/01/2010
AOR Received.
01/03/2010
File Transfer...
04/02/2010
Med's Done....
11/12/2009
Interview........
21/04/2010
Passport Req..
21/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
22/04/2010
LANDED..........
16/07/2010
wilder1047 said:
Hm, if she were to tell me what to write it still would not flow very well. What if at the end of the essay I put a place where could she sign off and date it? But, still right it in my own words, would this fly?
That's what we did and everything was fine.

I

iarblue

It would be better if she wrote it emailed it to you then you took it got it translated and notorized then its legal and her words

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
Lots of people do write the applications for their partners, but it can be risky if they sign it without reading it or understanding it. I've seen at least one case where the dates (or the sequence of events) the applicant gave in the interview didn't match the dates he/she wrote on the application. When questioned about the discrepency, the applicant admitted to not reading the things before signing. This is obviously something you need to avoid.

mrshah30

Star Member
May 25, 2010
hi seniors,

pls advise that I have conducted studies at different city while degree comes from university of wales, what should i mention on the form where it asks about city and country. and can we resize the text int he acrobat reader

regards
mrshah

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
wilder1047 said:
I think it would be fine if she told you what she wanted to say and you "word-smithed" it so it is easier for the IO to read. We actually wrote ours together (And I actually completed some of his forms too because my handwriting is easier to read). We made a hand written timeline and inserted dates and places that we remembered (and had supporting documents for). It is pretty clear there are two sets of handwriting. Then we typed our story based on the timeline and inserted photos with captions into the Word document. It was the most fun part of putting together our application, and we submitted both the timeline and the Word document as evidence. It was not a problem. Maybe you could do a rough draft together too?