+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Few concerns before i apply for visa.

Vokun

May 15, 2012
Hello,

My first time here so sorry if i do something wrong.
I'm about to apply for a visitor visa and i have a few concerns/questions.

-The real purpose of the visit is to meet my girlfriend and decide after if we gonna get married or not while I'm there.I suppose though i shouldn't mention that. My question is should i still mention her name in the application and write her as friend?Or would they get suspicious seeing a girl's name.I could also write her brother's name.Only reason I don't want to leave it blank is in case they feel the bank statement doesn't show enough funds for the duration of the stay(2-3 months) so having a place staying at instead of hotel may reduce the amount needed.

-I never had bank account (don't ask why). Shall i make an account just to get bank statement or ask my father to give me his along with a confirmation letter saying he'd sponsor my trip?Does the amount i'll have with me which I need to write on application and bank statement be the same digits?What is the min amount I'd need for a 2-3 months duration stay with a place to stay and without(hotel)?

-If my application gets accepted and i do get married shall i apply for extension after my girlfriend sends her spouse application or doesn't matter?Shall i mention it's so i can be with my girlfriend till the perm resident is accepted or how shall i go about it?

-If it does get extended for 6+months can i work during this time or study?Or I'd need different visa to do those?

And PR = permanent resident right?:D i read that on some posts not sure what it referred to.

Sorry for the many questions and thank you in advance.

P.S hope visa officers don't read these!

Edit: I read few posts where people were rejected due to their travel history.Does that mean you need to have visited other places before visiting Canada?Why would you rejected over your travel history?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
In order to be approved for a visit visa you must prove that you have strong ties to your home country and have no plans to remain in Canada long term. Having a good travel history (i.e. you have visited many countries in the past) is one thing that can help to prove that you have no plans to remain in Canada long term. Other proof are things such as: property ownership, business ownership, proof of employment, proof of school enrollment, proof of bank accounts and other assets, etc. The more of these you have, the stronger your proof that you have strong ties to your home country.

It would be better if you had your own bank account. However if you have to use your father's - then go ahead. You should try to show at least $1K in funds for every month of your visit. Even though you are not staying at a hotel, you should still show this amount for proof of funds.

No one can guess what CIC will do if they see a girl's name on the application. They may be suspicious or they may not.

Vokun

May 15, 2012
I only have visa on passport of Poland visit i did years ago. Also been in Germany but I didn't need visa for that and i didn't keep tickets.
If i write a letter along the documents i send mentioning it will they be able to confirm?Or just leave it at Poland and hope it's enough?

I'm still enrolled in uni i have none of the other ones, but it's last semester then I'm supposed to finish.Of course that isn't the case since I'm a year behind on lessons due to some problems during first year.
In the application what years shall i write as "From-To" on Education field about post secondary education.Or i need to complete that only if i have it finished?Do i need the "to" year as the current year since I'm still studying, the supposed year to finish or the estimation?

Thank you for your help really appreciate it.