+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Worker no more Draws?

wordbyte

Jul 16, 2021
Hello,

My wife and I applied together for the Federal Skilled Worker program. We have degrees, high scores, experience in the workplace, etc...I haven't seen a single draw yet for s federal skilled worker.

Does anyone here know why that is?
Is there anything we can do instead of wait?

Best,
Michael

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No draws because of COVID. Draws will most likely resume when travel restrictions are lifted. Look at PNP programs but it will not necessarily speed up the process. What are your scores?

wordbyte

Jul 16, 2021
No draws because of COVID. Draws will most likely resume when travel restrictions are lifted. Look at PNP programs but it will not necessarily speed up the process. What are your scores?
We were not selected for the PNP so we don't have the score. For CRS we have 450, and honestly I'm not sure why. I turned 36 this year so it was minus 5.

We are not sure what to do at this point. Should I just fly to Canada and find a job so at least I'll have Canadian Experience? Is it good plan? I'm American so I can fly anytime.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We were not selected for the PNP so we don't have the score. For CRS we have 450, and honestly I'm not sure why. I turned 36 this year so it was minus 5.

We are not sure what to do at this point. Should I just fly to Canada and find a job so at least I'll have Canadian Experience? Is it good plan? I'm American so I can fly anytime.
Once draws restart, scores will be high. You should expect that you'll need 470+ to have a chance of being selected. 450 is too low to be selected through EE.

Flying to Canada and trying to find a job here is a bad plan. The process of finding an employer in Canada and then getting a work permit is quite involved and many employers aren't willing to consider foreign workers for this reason. How involved the process will be will at least somewhat depend on your occupation. If you want to move to Canada on a work permit, secure a job offer from the US before coming to Canada.

Also, Americans can't travel to Canada right now unless the fall under an exemption or are traveling for essential reasons. The border is still closed to non-essential travel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaycejay

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

450 is low for FSW draw. How can you fly to Canada right now? Do you have family in Canada? Do you have a work permit to gain Canadian experience? What is your NOC?