+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI Police check submitted via Case Specific Form - Still no response

falcons_Lions

Oct 29, 2015
Hi,

I have received my ITA and submitted all documents requested. Even so, two background checks were still missing. They sent an email saying that there was a 60 day extension for me to find and submit such background checks. I was able to submit one but unfortunately, my FBI background check came in a week after the deadline was due. I submitted it via Case Specific Form but it has been over two weeks and I haven't received any communication from CIC. However, I have received a request for Payment of the Permanent Residency fee, which I've done already. Has there anyone here with my experience? do CIC ever check their Case Specific forms? Could you advice what to do?

Regards,

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
I got my CSE done in a week. Got a message saying that the document has been attached to the main document. 2 weeks is a lot of time. Can you call them up and ask them?

Sep 7, 2015
I was requested a PPC as well, I submitted it like 2 weeks ago!. No response yet... This seems to be slow.
A question for you. Do you send the original Police Certificate after uploading the scans? or Do you do everything via MyCIC?.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
falcons_Lions said:
Hi,

I have received my ITA and submitted all documents requested. Even so, two background checks were still missing. They sent an email saying that there was a 60 day extension for me to find and submit such background checks. I was able to submit one but unfortunately, my FBI background check came in a week after the deadline was due. I submitted it via Case Specific Form but it has been over two weeks and I haven't received any communication from CIC. However, I have received a request for Payment of the Permanent Residency fee, which I've done already. Has there anyone here with my experience? do CIC ever check their Case Specific forms? Could you advice what to do?

Regards,
It took them more than 30 days to respond to my first PCC CSE. I am still waiting for a response to my second CSE. It'll be 30 days next week. They respond, but it takes them a long time. Be patient. There's no point in calling them as they will only say to wait until 30 days has passed.