Ohio2SK

Nov 19, 2010
Ohio, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have read somewhere that although the FBI website that they do not expedite requests that it would be good to write expedite/due by date on the envelope (or something). Can someone verify that this is a good idea and what exactly I should write?

Also, should I include a self addressed envelope?

thanks,

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
No need to include a self-addressed envelope all of the information is on your form that you submit to them. Additionally, I wrote a due by date on my envelope and received my police report about a week after I had requested for (it took 7 weeks total), I also wrote immigration purposes on the envelope so they understood the reason I wanted it expedited.. Hope this is useful, good luck.

Guptash

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
8/9/2010
File Transfer...
9/9/2010
Med's Done....
5/5/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12/10/2010
VISA ISSUED...
24/11/2010
LANDED..........
Due on 10/12/2010
a lil off the topic but i had this quick question. I submitted my FBI police clearance certificate but hear time and again that most offices still perform a background check using CSIS for a person who has international travel history. Do you guys think the same?

Thanks much in advance!!

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
Teriskier said:
No need to include a self-addressed envelope all of the information is on your form that you submit to them. Additionally, I wrote a due by date on my envelope and received my police report about a week after I had requested for (it took 7 weeks total), I also wrote immigration purposes on the envelope so they understood the reason I wanted it expedited.. Hope this is useful, good luck.
You dont need to send a self-addressed envelope but some have sent return FedEx envelopes so that they can get the report back faster. We did it both ways - the first time we just had them send back regular mail - I believe the time was 8 weeks total.

The second time we had issues that I wont go in to but through direct phone contact with the FBI they posted it back overnight using our FedEx account and it was about 35 dollars... I would have waited the extra week had I known it would be that much.