+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Father urgent medical support

mitesh8746

May 17, 2017
Hello Guys,

I am looking for urgent assistance, please. My father is suffering from cancer and I would like to know if being a Canadian citizen can I call my parents here in Canada for treatment. Is there any special visa or under any category I can apply for?

Cancer treatment is expensive back in India and now insurance companies are not covering chemo therapy. Hope my question makes sense.

Thank you in advance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Guys,

I am looking for urgent assistance, please. My father is suffering from cancer and I would like to know if being a Canadian citizen can I call my parents here in Canada for treatment. Is there any special visa or under any category I can apply for?

Cancer treatment is expensive back in India and now insurance companies are not covering chemo therapy. Hope my question makes sense.

Thank you in advance
Wrong section of the forum so ask further questions under Visitors. No special category. He applies for a TRV or supervisa but he would need a medical. Have you costed out treatment in Canada and whether a person who doesn’t have provincial health care in Canada can access public cancer clinics. May be cheaper in the US.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Wrong section of the forum so ask further questions under Visitors. No special category. He applies for a TRV or supervisa but he would need a medical. Have you costed out treatment in Canada and whether a person who doesn’t have provincial health care in Canada can access public cancer clinics. May be cheaper in the US.
Unlikely to be cheaper in the US but will be significantly cheaper in India with access to most of the same treatments. Drug prices alone are significantly less expensive in India.

Would be contacting his insurance company if you feel like he does qualify for coverage based on his policy information and if he has been paying for his premiums typically monthly.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello Guys,

Thank you in advance
Just want to point out if you didn't see that from others responds, you being a citizen does not provide any special status for your parents.
If they want to come to Canada, they need to apply for vistior visa/TRV.

In many cases, they will need to pass medical exams.

Even if they have the TRV approved, they will not get any healthcare coverage as visitors. So all treatment if possible, are out of your own pocket. Looking at how expensive everything is in Canada, it's only going to cost you more in Canada. Many of the services/treatment/dr is only available to PR/citizens/people with valid status to get provincial health coverage. And Canada is behind in getting treatment even for PR/citizen.
If you think it's expensive in India, it's going to be more expensive in Canada if at all possible.