+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Faster processing request rejection

Sambac

Feb 8, 2016
Dear all

I am writing to get some advise on what steps to take if the decision to expedite oath has been rejected.

Application date - 14 June 2020
AOR - 29 Oct 2020
Test invite 14 June 2020
Test completed status 5th July 2020.
I requested oath to be expedited but they responded responsibility of client to go and come back for serious illness in family.

My grandmother is 84 years and struggling so wanted to spend some time with her.

Can I submit the web form again for second time and will they reconsider?

Thanks.
Sam

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear all

I am writing to get some advise on what steps to take if the decision to expedite oath has been rejected.

AOR - 29 Oct 2020
Test invite 14 June 2020
I requested oath to be expedited but they responded responsibility of client to go and come back for serious illness in family.

My grandmother is 84 years and struggling so wanted to spend some time with her.

Thanks.
Sam
You can always take the oath when you return home will be the argument.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Flights from india banned and grandmother unwell so want to spend considerable amount of time with her. Furthermore PR card expires Jan 2022.
I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother.

I'm not sure this is a reason to expedite.

The same travel restrictions apply regardless whether you are a PR or citizen. So having citizenship won't help you there. You can return now through an indirect route and either return back to Canada before your PR card expires in Jan 2022 or apply for a PRTD from outside of Canada.

You can certainly try requesting the expedite again but the results will most likely be the same.

Sambac

Feb 8, 2016
I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother.

I'm not sure this is a reason to expedite.

The same travel restrictions apply regardless whether you are a PR or citizen. So having citizenship won't help you there. You can return now through an indirect route and either return back to Canada before your PR card expires in Jan 2022 or apply for a PRTD from outside of Canada.

You can certainly try requesting the expedite again but the results will most likely be the same.

Thanks for your assistance !!

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Dear all

AOR - 29 Oct 2020
Test invite 14 June 2020

Thanks.
Sam
Every applicant considers their situation is emergency and requires urgent processing. So if you wish to submit request second time, yes go ahead and do it. Your file will not get any negative impact. If they consider your request they process it urgently, if not they will process it normally. But you have to read the clause couple of times to understand , if you really fall under the category.

needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality.

This is what I see , where you can't get a passport from home country for your urgent travel. Nothing related to PR card expiration.

Sambac

Feb 8, 2016
Every applicant considers their situation is emergency and requires urgent processing. So if you wish to submit request second time, yes go ahead and do it. Your file will not get any negative impact. If they consider your request they process it urgently, if not they will process it normally. But you have to read the clause couple of times to understand , if you really fall under the category.

needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality.

This is what I see , where you can't get a passport from home country for your urgent travel. Nothing related to PR card expiration.

Thanks for your response. Appreciate it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

The issue is that they have a PR card valid until 2022 and can travel back to Canada plus has the ability to apply for a PRTD in India. Assume they have an Indian passport and can easily obtain one which is not the case in some countries.You can certainly apply again but if you have plans to move abroad for a substantial period of time this is not only about needing to travel for an urgent medical situation or you would have travelled already.