+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family on PR status, wants to add child born outside Canada

Sajeev

Mar 6, 2006
I and my family PR card holders except one child who was born outside Canada. We are living in Canada. The infant is on a Temporary Resident Visa status. I now want to add the infant to PR status.

Can someone please advise on the procedure for doing this?

Any feedback will be appreciated!

Regards,
Sajeev

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
Anyone tell me conditions if a PR holder gets her PR card leaves canada and then has a child outside canada. What paperwork will she have to go through after birth? please help.

T

TaaDow

If you've already recieved your PR status and landed in Canada, you will have to now Sponsor the new child.

If the child was born prior to your landing in Canada, hopefully you told the officers about the child or the child will be considered Excluded and therefore no longer part of the family class. If not declared, you will not be able to sponsor the child.

Best of luck.

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
Thanks TaaDew the baby is due in May/June. I received an email from cic to say that coz we are not married and dad is not a canadian citizen I will have to go and sponsor both of them whilst in canada? Do i need extra paperwork or possiblity they will allow me to go with the child.