+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family information-deceased individuals

NotARobot

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
I am helping my parents fill out the forms for TRV visa. The Family Information [IMM 5707] asks for information on their parents. All four of my grandparents are deceased. My questions are:

1) What answer should I select for Marital status considering they are deceased. Can we just leave the section blank? It's a drop-down list.

2) Both my parents don't know the date of birth of their parents. What should we do?

3) My dad's parents passed away when he was very young, so he doesn't know the date they passed away either? What should we do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance and happy holidays to all of you!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am helping my parents fill out the forms for TRV visa. The Family Information [IMM 5707] asks for information on their parents. All four of my grandparents are deceased. My questions are:

1) What answer should I select for Marital status considering they are deceased. Can we just leave the section blank? It's a drop-down list.
Leave blank

2) Both my parents don't know the date of birth of their parents. What should we do?
Fill '*' (asterisk) for each unknown date field (year, month or day)

3) My dad's parents passed away when he was very young, so he doesn't know the date they passed away either? What should we do?
Same as #2

Reactions: NotARobot

NotARobot

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
Leave blank

Fill '*' (asterisk) for each unknown date field (year, month or day)

Same as #2
Thanks Bryanna. Do you mean I should write down ****-**-** since they want the date to be in YYYY-MM-DD format? Or do you mean I just write down one asterisk sign for each date space.?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks Bryanna. Do you mean I should write down ****-**-** since they want the date to be in YYYY-MM-DD format? Or do you mean I just write down one asterisk sign for each date space.?
Do they know the year..... or have a document that could help for this.... or even possibly work out the year based on the ages when they died? If yes then you should write XXXX_**_**

It would seem unusual to fill asterisks for all the date fields

Reactions: NotARobot

NotARobot

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
Do they know the year..... or have a document that could help for this.... or even possibly work out the year based on the ages when they died? If yes then you should write XXXX_**_**

It would seem unusual to fill asterisks for all the date fields
I think we should be able to figure out the year. I'll ask my eldest uncle. Thanks a lot Bryanna.