+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Info IMM5645E

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
my mom is confused in regards to filling up the family info, if she will be visiting me in canada who will be the applicant? me or her. she is already living here in canada with me on visitor record. does she need to write details of all her brothers and sisters or is that for me? also, she is applying on cic website she is canada right now. can she apply online and leave canada to travel back home? then where will she get the passport request? how do we find out if she needs medical and biometric and how will she send her passport to overseas office? where do we even send the passport to. she is very confused i dont think she is doing this right :/ she has been a visitor for 4 yrs now in canada and this is the first time she needs to travel outside canada n cant get a trv within canada :s what to do..she has to leave for an emergency in 2 weeks.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
maria_786 said:
my mom is confused in regards to filling up the family info, if she will be visiting me in canada who will be the applicant? me or her. she is already living here in canada with me on visitor record. does she need to write details of all her brothers and sisters or is that for me? also, she is applying on cic website she is canada right now. can she apply online and leave canada to travel back home? then where will she get the passport request? how do we find out if she needs medical and biometric and how will she send her passport to overseas office? where do we even send the passport to. she is very confused i dont think she is doing this right :/ she has been a visitor for 4 yrs now in canada and this is the first time she needs to travel outside canada n cant get a trv within canada :s what to do..she has to leave for an emergency in 2 weeks.
This doesn't make sense. If she has applied several times for a visitor extension how does she have these kind of questions?

How has she managed to be on a visitor record for 4 years?

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
Jalex23 said:
This doesn't make sense. If she has applied several times for a visitor extension how does she have these kind of questions?

How has she managed to be on a visitor record for 4 years?
okay so she has been living in canada for almost 8 years now. the first 5 years we were diplmat and then when my father left she and i stayed in canada so initally she had a 8 months of visitor record n i had a 3 yr PGWP at that time n they i applied for her extension as well n she got a 3 yr visitor permit as well. now i have extended my work permit for another yr and she also has received a yr of vistior . she did travel in 2013 for 2 months but they used to give TRV within canada at ottawa office. but they dont give TRV for visitors anymore in canada.

malabadi

Feb 11, 2015
Hi Guys,

I have a similar problem of my mom, she is 63 yrs old planning to visit us for 2 weeks in May and applying online. The family form requires listing all details of her 8 brothers and sisters, 2 of them deceased. The problem is, she is no more in connection with couple of them to identify exact addresses and date of births, she knows the cities where they live and years of the birth, do you think those are going to be sufficient for visa purposes. Btw, I do not think that disclosing such addresses of third parties is legitimate in our home country and many other jurisdictions, so why does canadian travel visa require such details?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
malabadi said:
I have a similar problem of my mom, she is 63 yrs old planning to visit us for 2 weeks in May and applying online. The family form requires listing all details of her 8 brothers and sisters, 2 of them deceased. The problem is, she is no more in connection with couple of them to identify exact addresses and date of births, she knows the cities where they live and years of the birth, do you think those are going to be sufficient for visa purposes.
Give information as accurate as possible. If any information is missing then add an explanation either to the form (print, attach, scan) or to the letter of explanation.

malabadi said:
Btw, I do not think that disclosing such addresses of third parties is legitimate in our home country and many other jurisdictions, so why does canadian travel visa require such details?
If it is true then CIC knows this and won't be expecting it to be included in the application and will represent no problem. Add an explanation citing the source where it is stated it is not legitimate to disclose this information.

You have to understand that CIC generates a single general form for all countries, so as this is legal in most countries then it must be there.

Desi_Canadian

May 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16-06-2010
Hello to everyone,
Please help me ..my wife is going to apply for her mom visitor visa. Could you please help me what requirements are need, which form to fill up online, pay fees also ..please advice us what to write in invitation letter. I will be appreciate for all your kindly advise and help
Thanks
Regards