+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension

davidbrasil

Star Member
Dec 18, 2023
I'm currently residing in Canada under a work permit. My daughter is my dependent and on a study permit. I was granted a PNP through Ontario through the non-express entry pathway. Our permits expire next month. However we are soon to submit our permanent residence applications. What permit do my daughter and I need to apply for that indicates the fact that we are already in Canada, currently on our respective permits, and have a pending permanent residence application? More specifically what is the guide number on the IRCC website we can follow to ensure we have status while awaiting our permanent residence application results?

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
I'm currently residing in Canada under a work permit. My daughter is my dependent and on a study permit. I was granted a PNP through Ontario through the non-express entry pathway. Our permits expire next month. However we are soon to submit our permanent residence applications. What permit do my daughter and I need to apply for that indicates the fact that we are already in Canada, currently on our respective permits, and have a pending permanent residence application? More specifically what is the guide number on the IRCC website we can follow to ensure we have status while awaiting our permanent residence application results?
There is no way to apply for extension of work permit since you have not applied for federal part of PR yet. The only thing to do here is to ask for a closed work permit for your employer. And there is no pending or implied status for PR, you must have a valid permit until your file gets a decision made from IRCC otherwise youll be illegal in Canada.